U

Wednesday, August 21st, 2024 7:04 PM

Restore Original SSIDs when Removing Storm-Ready WiFi?

I've had Storm-Ready WiFi installed for about a month.  I'm ready to uninstall it because, like many others, my WiFi connections are now very slow and many of the 2.4 GHz connections are disconnecting due to poor signal quality.  I have 50+ connections over 3 WiFi bands and none of them had connectivity and/or bandwidth issues on the XB8 before I installed the Storm-Ready equipment.  Since the Storm-Ready equipment has obviously degraded my WiFi connections on the single SSID, I'm now ready to uninstall it and return it to Xfinity.  Question before I attempt that:  Will the uninstallation process invoked from the Xfinity app restore my original 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6 GHz SSID names on the XB8?  Or will they all be left with the same single SSID name that was assigned during the Storm-Ready installation?  Best scenario for me would be to have the Storm-Ready uninstallation process put everything back to the way it was before I installed it.  It could be quite a mess if not.  Have any of you had experience doing this?  Any other advice?  Thanks.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

27 days ago

user_mf5vug, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to visit XFINITY on our forums page. I understand how inconvenient it is to experience service issues after upgrading equipment. I have been in your shoes before so I can relate to wanting to return that device. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We can help. To further assist, I would like to get this fixed so you do not have to worry about returning it. To get started, please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message.

4 Messages

Forget about the direct message.  It was a simple question.  How will the Storm-Raady uninstallation process leave the SSIDs on my router?  Please post your response here so everyone in the community can benefit.  Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

The SSIDs will stay the same as they are now and will not revert back to previous configurations, user_mf5vug

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thanks for answering my question.  Now I know what to expect.  

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

Not a problem, user_mf5vug, what additional questions did you have for us at this time?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here