R

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 18th, 2023 3:24 AM

Closed

Reset gateway admin password

How do you reset the password for the admin profile for 10.0.0.1?

I did the 30 second hold reset button and the two minute hole reset button but all it did was reset my Wi-Fi name and password.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hi, @Roddy_user. I hope you are well. Most of the functionality of the admin tool is now easily available on the Xfinity App. That includes like WiFi name, WiFi password, WiFi security settings, Network devices (gateway and xFi Pods, if applicable), and options like Port forwarding. 

The option to log in manually to the admin tool manually should include the following:

1. With a laptop, phone, or tablet that’s connected to your network, open a web browser and go to the Admin Tool at http://10.0.0.1. If you’ve already changed your Admin Tool ID and password, log in with your information. Then go to the steps to change your network name and password.

Pro tip: This username and password aren’t the same as your WiFi name and password.

If you haven’t changed the username and password, log in with:
    • Username: admin
    • Password: password

If you changed your ID or password but don't remember it, you can do a factory reset.
  2. Then, click LOGIN.

The factory reset should have set your admin login to the default listed above. Were there certain functions you wanted to access that aren't on the app? Can you confirm the model of Xfinity Gateway you currently rent?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here