S

Saturday, September 21st, 2024 2:16 PM

Repeated internet interruptions

Hi - We had an Xfinity outage in our area about two weeks ago.  I hadn't noticed any problems before that but I got an alert from Xfinity about it.  Service was interrupted for an hour or two before it was restored, no problem.  Ever since then, my internet keeps repeatedly dropping signal for 5-10 seconds every 10-15 minutes.  It's enough of a disruption that if I'm on a Zoom call for work it will freeze then drop the call, any online gaming will drop me from the game, and browsing on websites often will give an error and need to be reloaded.  This is happening across every device in our house.

I have the gig speed internet and modem provided by Xfinity.  I've tried resetting that a couple of times but it has no effect. I've also gone through the online troubleshooting tool but that never seems to recognize any issues.  I'm obviously not an expert but it seems like something may have gotten messed up when they fixed the outage in our area.  Any ideas on what else to try?  Our TV service doesn't seem to be affected by this.

12 Messages

3 days ago

SAME THING happening here with my internet. SAME THING about it starting after an outage. When I tell the Xfinity support people this they just denigrate me, say there's no outage now, and they never come up with any explanation or fix for the constantly dropping internet. Have been on Xfinity internet for EIGHT YEARS and never had anything like this happen before.

I think the outage was related to something that's affecting Xfinity's internet service but they are refusing to either investigate it or admit it.

Wreaking havoc with my working life as I can't remain on Zooms, or on collab chats, etc.

I had to upgrade my Xfinity Mobile to unlimited to use it as a hotspot instead of the unreliable Xfinity internet, but the phone reception is too slow so I switched phone today to T Mobile.

I think this is happening to so many customers that Xfinity should pay attention and investigate/fix the issue. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 day ago

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out and also try to resolve this previously with troubleshooting steps. We understand there are times when a location may need further assistance after an interruption.

sd1987  @user_fqopy6   May I please ask that you send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started? 

To send a direct message: 

• Make sure you are signed in here in the Xfinity Forum. Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

[Edit: included instructions for direct message]

(edited)

12 Messages

I have sent a message as instructed 

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_fqopy6 Thank you for sending us a DM as directed by @XfinityEva. I'll be happy to continue assisting you there to help find a resolution.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

1 day ago

Exact same thing is happening to us on every device except the tv; and to make it worse getting into contact with an actual human seems impossible with everything just directing to the chat bot which tells you its not their fault and ends the conversation there. This is ridiculous and we are about to just switch services at this point.

12 Messages

I believe this is a widespread problem with Xfinity internet and I don't believe anybody at the corporate level knows about it, or if they do know they're refusing to acknowledge it publicly and fix it.

In the work-from-home era this severe internet instability is jeopardizing livelihoods, including mine.

I did switch my cell service from Xfinity Mobile to T Mobile. I had upgraded my Xfinity Mobile to unlimited data so I could use it as a hotspot for stable internet, but it was really slow. Finally switched to T Mobile and it's light years better - I'm running everything off my T Mobile cell phone hotspot for now. But all of this is unacceptable from Xfinity. 

I hope you get help but based on what I've been through with Xfinity these past weeks I don't think you will. 

(edited)

4 Messages

@user_fqopy6​ Yeah my hopes aren't high this is just a last ditch effort before swapping to something else

12 Messages

That's where I'm at right now too 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here