Lanka's profile

Contributor

• 

101 Messages

Wednesday, May 31st, 2023 9:31 PM

Closed

Remove connected device

I have a phone that is showing as connected to my network even though I removed it. I just did it as a test but don't want to use it that way. How do I get the network to realize that it isn’t connected? The same with my iPad. I have connected it on occasion but when I disconnect from the WiFi the status doesn’t change. Do I need to refresh or update something to get the status to change? Thank you very much.

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for letting us know about the trouble you're having with the online status for your devices. We're here to help. To clarify, have you already attempted any troubleshooting, like logging out and back in, or a fresh install of the app?

Contributor

• 

101 Messages

1 year ago

Logging out and back in seems to have removed the phone. The iPad was still there until I restarted the network. Right now only the TV is showing as connected which is correct. I'll let you know if it changes. I might use the iPad on it occasionally but not on a regular basis. I have a local ISP which I use for this. It isn’t as fast but it doesn’t have a data cap. It wasn’t really a problem to show the additional devices but I just couldn’t figure it out. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I'm happy to hear that helped. I will check in with you in a few days and make sure everything is still working the way it should be.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

101 Messages

It is showing the iPad again. Probably because the iPad lists it as an available network even though not connected to it. I might be able to change that by telling the iPad to forget the network. But that is okay. Since it isn’t connected it isn’t using any data. I will leave it that way for now in case I want to change networks. Thank you.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

1 year ago

The concern is not "Xfinity Home Security / Devices And Equipment" help related. Topic moved here to the proper help section for assistance. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here