Re: Sudden extremely slow internet speeds (<5MBPS)
Having a tech come out these days means nothing.
- replaced line from box to house
- replaced line through house to splitter
- replaced line from splitter to modem
Worked for 2 days (weekend) then back to <5mbps with my router dropping
- replaced all the connections
- blamed my modem
- replaced with new exact modem (SB8200) - still same issue
- replaced with new Netgear CM1000 - still the same issue
- said they were stumped
- call into to someone and was told "watch tower" indicated house 2 doors down was causing all the problems
- talked to the neighbor and he was having no issues. Agreed to call for service check
- he called for service check and they said he had no issues and wouldn't come out
3 weeks into this nightmare my internet still stinks and doesn't allow me to work from home. Comcast has no solutions. Mostly an issue M-F and 8-5pm.
Very frustrating and not sure what to do. One or 2 more days like this and I guess I have to try AT&T...