Bumpa7's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 1:00 PM

Re: Issues after upgrade to xfinity advanced modem.

Just got off of a 60+ minute chat with an xfy guru on the same issue.  Supposedly they "trouble shooted" my system and everything is OK.  Her suggestion of course was schedule a tech to check my wires.  I had none of these problems with my old modem and router, now it's someone in the house complaining all the time!  So sorry I "UPGRADED"

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

1 y ago

@Bumpa7 wrote:

Just got off of a 60+ minute chat with an xfy guru on the same issue.  Supposedly they "trouble shooted" my system and everything is OK.  Her suggestion of course was schedule a tech to check my wires.  I had none of these problems with my old modem and router, now it's someone in the house complaining all the time!  So sorry I "UPGRADED"

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

continuing:  that is why I think I may have my home network configured wrong!

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

No I don't think the computer wired with cable gets the same disconnection as do the other devices (wifi)

EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

1 y ago

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

Any reports of "lemon" XB6 modems. Nothing but disconnects since I got it!  Never have all the disconnects before!

New to the Community?

Start Here