Mark128's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 14th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Re: Flashing "TEL1" light on modem with no phone service?

Hello, I am having the EXACT same issue and nobody seems to be able to help either at Xfinity or Netgear with this. I bought this modem in Sep. and the issue with the flashing Tel light started last month. I was basically told it doesn’t affect performance and to live with it. This past week I have been dealing with an unrelated issue where the upstream light changes to amber then I lose internet connection. Basically upstream channels are not locking, I had uncorrectables and the power input was too high coming in from Xfinity signal. Xfinity out 3x to my house and changed the wires to and from my home. Crossing fingers that solved that issue but the Tel light still blinking... it is annoying- was thinking of placing black electrical tape over the light. Any other suggestions? Have you found a fix?

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Mark128 wrote:
This past week I have been dealing with an unrelated issue where the upstream light changes to amber then I lose internet connection. Basically upstream channels are not locking, I had uncorrectables and the power input was too high coming in from Xfinity signal. 

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

What is the exact model number of the Netgear modem ?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here