SirJon0's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 18, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Re: Expecting better speed

I am having the same issue and I have tried a T25 and the Netgear model you mentioned.  Here is my theory that I am working on right now.  I think the telphony modems are sectioning off badwith for QOS on the telphony lines.  This in turn throttles the ethernet ports.  This is a total speculation but I can not for the life of me figure out what the issue is either.  Right now I am installing a Netgear AX12 TriBand router to work with the Netgear Modem.  I am wondering if the WAN aggregation will allow for a wider channel and push more speed through.  But I am doubtful this will solve it because I feel its more of the telphony thing.  So I am going to call tomorrow after I test my router and see if I can get off the triple play and move to a double play.  This will allow me to try a non eMTA (telephony) modem.  I truly believe this will be the solution.  However I just want to try this WAN aggregation on the AX12 and the Netgear modem to just do one last elimination of it being my hardware.  Anyone else know if eMTA modems will run like this?  My bigger concern is if the eMTA modems are all doing this with telephony service, then why is xfinity not telling people this?

EG

Expert

• 

90.5K Messages

2 y ago

Nope. I don't have an answer but I do know that telephony has a totally separate bandwidth allocation and it can affect your internet. Something else is going on.

New to the Community?

Start Here