lamaral's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 22nd, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Re: Arris SBG8300 Losing Connection Randomly and Acional Router Resets.

As of this date this is still an issue with the modem I have. I also have contacted Arris that answer saying the firmware is distributed by the ISP and they don't have control at it.

Still getting instabilities and random network failures that require manual restart of the modem.

Last time I run DOCSIS Spectrum Analysis the numbers were within the accepted parameters but still I get the same "unrecoverable" network issue, that again, is only fixed with manual restarting the modem.

System Software Version
Software Image Name:AR01.02.078.04_092820_711.NCS.10
Firmware Version:01.02.078.04.NCS
RDK-B-LLC:rdkb-20171127
SDK:7.1
Wi-Fi Driver:4.7.23.30.4.0

System Hardware
Model: SBG8300
Vendor: ARRIS Group, Inc.
Hardware Revision: 6
Serial Number: 9713X9999999064 (masked)
Processor Speed: 4000.19 MHz
DRAM Total Memory: 677 MB
DRAM Used Memory: 425 MB
DRAM Available Memory: 251 MB
Flash Total Memory: 462 MB
Flash Used Memory: 422 MB
Flash Available Memory: 39 MB

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am experieicing the same problem. I called Xfinity today and they placed said that I needed to call Arris.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Well, I've just solved this a few weeks ago myself, it's not so bad.

I had the exact same problem, seemingly at random, no google searches to save me. I went back and forth with Arris and Comcast, Comcast only distributes the firmware, they don't write it. Arris has to submit it to Comcast.

BUT THE FIRMWARE WASN'T THE ISSUE. At least not for me, and let me tell you, I was convinced it was a software issue. The problem was the transmit power was too low. Seems nonsensical. Transmit power should only be as high as it needs to be, but after contacting Arris, they assured me that the upstream transmit power had to be between 45-51db. I figured this was nonsense and scheduled a Xfinity tech out. He ran the tests and said everything came up green. According to Comcast, upstream power of 37db was plenty, and that's what I was putting out. I INSISTED that he fix it because Arris wouldn't warranty the thing unless the signal was within spec.

He popped in a 10 or 11 in place and lo and behold, it hasn't crashed for months. I have NO idea why the low transmit power is a problem for this thing, but it IS. The Xfinity spec is NOT the okay Arris spec!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here