U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Sep 12, 2021 6:26 PM

Random connectivity drops with cabled and wireless connections

I had the XB6 gateway, my service got bumped up to the 1200 speed and they then sent out the new XB7 gateway.  Since then I have been having random lag and connectivity issues.  I have contacted support many times, they have sent a reset signal, reset the modem and rebooted many times.  I have tested both wireless and cabled connections and both still show the same results.  Tech came out and tested cable to the house and it was good.  Support online then did a firmware update and that didn't fix the issue.  Things I have done on my end were reboot modem, reset modem, ipconfig release/renew/flushdns.  Update computer drivers and Windows OS.  Tested both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands, connected with Cat7 Ethernet thru switch and directly, no changes.  Ping tests to comcast.net show timeouts all over the place.  Tracert from gateway diagnostic tools takes 22 hops and 23 thru CMD prompt.  Working from home has become much more difficult due to the constant lag/disconnects.

Responses

XfinityJoeB

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

1 m ago

Hello user_b4cecc. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. Apologies you're experiencing an ongoing issue with connectivity and lag. I can assist with further troubleshooting, and sending another technician as needed. We want your service be reliable, so you work from home without worrying about your next drop. I'd like to start with polling our CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. So we can help you, please send us a message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the direct message icon located at the top right of this forums page. Let me know if you have any questions.

Here's detailed steps to send us a message: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

In case anyone was following this, the tech came out after Xfinity saw a lot of T3 drops and errors.  He was the second tech to come out in a week and he fixed my issue in 5 min.  There was a filter on the line in the cable box outside on my house, been there ever since I got it.  He stated that the filter would be for multiple modems but since I only have one didn't need it and from his experience it was always the culprit.  So yeah, it's fixed.

New to the Community?

Start Here