U

Saturday, February 10th, 2024 7:32 PM

Closed

Ps5 internet connection issues

I had this problem once before with a netgear modem and tp-link router. A tech came out, couldn't figure out the problem, gave me an xfinity modem and it was a little slow at first, but the problem seemed to go away about a day after.

Here I am again. Had problems logging into a game, checked connection, sometimes it fails for ps network sign in, sometimes it fails for NAT type, sometimes the download speed, and sometimes the upload speed. Even when is says connected, none of my games will load.

I have tried to restart the modem and ps5 several times. I have forwarded ports, I have assigned IP, DNS.

My other devices connect and work. It's just the ps5. I just factory reset my modem and have no idea where to go from here. Please help!!

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

7 months ago

@user_9phdty Hello and thank you for posting to our Internet board! I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your PS5 connection. We are going to do everything possible to get this figured out. First, I have a couple of questions for you. 

1. Is your PS5 connected via Ethernet or WiFi?
2. Have you contacted Sony support to make sure everything is good with your PS5?

2 Messages

I usually always have the ps5 hardwired, pl and I did talk to someone at Sony, we confirmed which ports needed to be open and went over the different error codes I was receiving when running an internet test on the ps5.

I can connect the ps5 through my phones Hotspot just fine, it's a little slow but it still, for whatever reason, works better than hardwired to my home network.

Since I can connect to my phone, and sometimes the ps5 will connect to the internet, but at times it fails for NAT, or PS sign in, or have high or low download speeds, the tech at Sony agreed with me that it is definitely not a hardware issue with the ps5. 

I had one test today where I had NAT3 for a little bit. First time I've seen that one since this started. It's usually NAT2 or failed.

I had a tech come yesterday and swapped the modem again but I'm still having the same issue. He also said pretty much the same thing the first tech that came a few months ago said, tested everything they could, results are fine and within spec, and there's not alot they can do, as far as my PS5 goes. Other devices are a little slower than normal but I can browse on computer and stream TV fine.

I have factory reset the ps5, and today I even tried to change to a brand new modem and router again.

So I got a new modem from the tech yesterday, didn't work, changed with a new one today that I ordered and so far still having the same issue. 

When I talk to Sony, they try and say it's on my ISP, when I talk to xfinity, they try to send me to Sony because to them everything looks fine. 

I have an appointment for another tech to come out tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's going to be the same thing.

I dont know what to do, the people at Sony don't know what to do, the people at xfinity don't know what to do....

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

Hello, @user_9phdty. Did you have your tech visit yet? If so, how did it go?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

7 months ago

@user_9phdty thank you for those details. Since you have a tech coming out tomorrow, I want to check the account after they poke around some. Multiple repair visits for the same issue escalate it naturally. I am scheduling a check-on for this conversation. We'll talk tomorrow and see what is going on. 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I have the same issues. Did this get resolved?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here