Jmillernj's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Apr 27, 2021 1:16 PM

Closed

Problem with New Xfinity XB7 (White) Gateway and Printer Connection

Problem with New Xfinity XB7 (White) Gateway.

Comcast/Xfinity delivered a second companion TV box today. They also upgraded my XB6 (Black) Gateway to the newer XB7 (White) model. 

While all my devices and apps successfully transitioned to the new gateway, many required re-entering passwords which was annoying but not difficult. However, I was unable to get my Epson printer working. Although the xFi app and gateway management browser (10.0.0.1) shows the printer connected, the printer itself reports a connection error. Neither Xfinity nor Epson support have been able to provide a solution, so tomorrow I will be downgrading back to the Black XB6 model. If you own an Epson printer I do not recommend getting the XB7.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

7 m ago

PS: Forgot to mention I split the single SSID into separate 2.4 and 5 GB SSIDs per Xfinity support recommendation and verified with Epson that printer had latest drivers. Also, printer network status shows an excellent WiFi signal strength but says “A router/access point channel conflict has been detected”. Apparently, there are many other reports on this forum documenting similar unresolved problems after upgrading from the XB6 to the  XB7.

XfinityEva

Official Employee

• 

282 Messages

Hello @Jmillernj Thank you for visiting our Xfinity Community Forums for your device connectivity issue. I apologize for the delayed response, were you able to connect or if you are still having issues and have not returned your new gateway please send us a Peer to Peer chat (top right hand side is the chat icon and make sure to select 'Xfinity Support' when selecting who to send the message to) with your name and service address. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
EG

Expert

• 

90.5K Messages

7 m ago

@Jmillernj @ComcastEva 

Please post any possible solutions for the issue here in the open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

jlavaseur

Problem Solver

• 

639 Messages

7 m ago

I have a epson and canon printer, they both work great with the Xb7, if I remember correctly, the epson only connects on certain channels, try changing the channel and see if that helps

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

7 m ago

forget everything everyone tells you. if you have the new xb7 modem from xfinity to get a epson printer to work you have to (important) get one of the xdi pods. the second you connect the pod and the mesh wifi is going your epson printer will work. this is what worked for me. took me a month to figure it out.

joseph

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

oh and don't split the network. at least that's how it worked for me.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I have an Epson Workforce 845 Series multi-function printer that consistently shows up as being wirelessly connected to the Xfinity Gateway.  I've had the Gateway for 2+ years, so it's not the newest model. The printer initially connected to my laptop (Windows 10) and I was able to print flawlessly for a while.  Over the course of the past year or so the printer would often show as being offline.  I'd normally follow the reboot procedure for the printer and computer to get it reconnected, however yesterday, no matter what I tried from the comments provided online and in this forum, the computer was not finding the printer.  I waisted endless hours trying a myriad of other methods including adjusting and turning off the firewall, changing the IP addresses, installing the printer manually, downloading Epson's drivers and software, running the Epson setup application, etc. to no avail!  Finally, I saw someone comment that an Xfinity Tech came by their home.  The Tech ran through all of the methods they had already performed and finally decided to connect the person's printer to the Gateway via ethernet cable and let the Gateway function as a router, and this finally worked.  So, I disabled the wireless LAN on the printer via the printer controls, connected my printer to the Gateway via ethernet cable and then restarted the printer, Gateway and my laptop. The printer was immediately recognized and automatically installed on the computer!.  In conclusion, if you're using an older printer with the Xfinity Gateway and your printer is located close enough to your Gateway to connect with an ethernet cable, I think this is the least frustrating way to go! ✔💯  

EG

Expert

• 

90.5K Messages

2 m ago

Thank you for that info ! The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old dead thread now being closed.

New to the Community?

Start Here