romig's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, April 9th, 2021 6:10 PM

Closed

Problem with MajicJack

I have Magic Jack device and have been able to use it in the past.  But not in the last two years.  I can call out and can't receive calls.  The device is connected with Ethernet cable to the router.  But even bypassing the router and connecting directly to Arris modem gives same results.  Majic Jack tech support tells me to call Comcast to open certain ports UDP 5060 and 5070.  What is the way for me to accomplish it? Getting through to a live person in tech support that would want to do anything above and beyond sending me a signal is close to impossible. Can a tech rep that is reading these questions contact me?  Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

104.5K Messages

3 years ago

If you are using a customer owned / third-party router (not a Comcast supplied device), Comcast has nothing to do with this. You would have to manually forward those ports in your router's settings.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

As stated, the problem happens before the router. I connect this device directly to the modem and the same result happens.  Outgoing calls  connect but incoming do not come in.  So opening these ports on the router (that I've done) doesn't help.

Expert

• 

104.5K Messages

3 years ago

Well, your cable modem is a layer 2 bridge. It can't block ports. And the Comcast system does not block those ports, so I don't know what's going on, sorry. Perhaps someone else will chime in here. Good luck !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here