U

Wednesday, August 28th, 2024 6:45 PM

problem logging onto roku

I tried to help a neighbor log a Roku onto her Wi-Fi. She has the Internet Essentials account, ($9.95 a month.) The Roku couldn't log on to her Wi-Fi, even though her phone and my phone could both logon to her wi-fi. We had the same problem with her other TV, which is a smart TV.

The Roku and the smart TV could see her network, but neither one could log onto her Wi-Fi. We checked the password for her W-Fi, which worked on our phones but not on the TVs. (Yes, we made sure to reboot the router and the Roku, but those measures didn't work, either.)

The Roku easily logs onto my own home network. 

Is there something about Internet Essentials that makes it incompatible with smart TVs and Rokus? What else might be wrong?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

15 days ago

Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums. No, there isn’t anything inherent about Internet Essentials that would make it incompatible with smart TVs or Roku devices. Internet Essentials provides a basic internet connection, which should work with most devices that connect to the internet, including smart TVs and Roku streaming devices. However, since Internet Essentials offers lower speeds compared to other plans, you might experience some limitations especially if multiple devices are connected at the same time. If you're experiencing specific issues, it could be related to your connection speed, Wi-Fi signal strength, or the specific requirements of the streaming service you're trying to use. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here