nikicollazo's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, February 25th, 2021 5:00 PM

Closed

Printer won't connect to network after switching to Xfinity Modem

I switched my personal modem/router combo out for an Xfinity gateway and now I can not get my Epson Workforce 845 printer to connect to network. It was working perfectly yesterday with my old modem (which was not an xFinity rental).

When I go to the modem login page (10.0.0.1) it shows my printer as a connected device. But whenever I try to connect on the printer usinig either WPS or inputting the password manually setup fails.

I've tried turning off xFi advanced securiity, resetting network settings on the printer, turning off 5GHz, switching my wifi security to open. Nothing has worked. All suggestions are welcome. 

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

4 years ago

I just moved my printer to a different location, it was connected for years, all of sudden it couldn't see my network anymore, I believe I had to change the channel on the router for the printer to connect, 

https://epson.ru/es/upload/ManualTypes/102524/p_body/panel/wizard/external/nwchk.htm

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Same thing is happening to me.  From searching the forums the problem seems to be related to the new XB7 modems only.  I was told I needed an upgrade so I did this but I'm starting to think I should take it back for the old XB6 model and see if they have any left because I had no issues with that and nothing else changed with the network.

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

4 years ago

If you pull up an Epson 845 manual (exact model numbers from various retailers may have different features/capability), supported wifi modes are IEEE802.11b/g/n on page 312.

https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/wf845_/wf845_ug.pdf

Now, looking at the supported wifi modes on xb7.....well....I can't seem to find that, or even a decent manual.  I don't have an xb7, but if you use the app, can you select the supported wifi modes?  The 'app' is also poorly documented.  Perhaps there is an 'admin console' on the gateway too where you could set a wfi mode http://10.0.0.1 , but it's unclear if that still exists -- they seem to be moving towards a cloud management/app solution.

Might help questions like this if an @ comcast could provide a link to something other than a sparse 'user guide' for an xb7.

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

4 years ago

@flatlander3 @Yes that option is still available on the Xb7 if your admin panel isn't grayed out, luckily mine isn't 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem.  "Upgraded" to the new white modem (XB7, I guess) to get faster speeds (after Xfinity suggested I do so).  Now, lots of devices won't work.  After upgrading drivers, I've been able to get work computer to work again (kind of an important one), but no printing, among others.  I'm now directly connecting my printer to my laptop (rather than putting them on the xfinity network), and can print doing that, but I am extremely frustrated/annoyed at Xfinity releasing a crappy product that doesn't seem to work (and on having incompetent staff to answer phone calls from customers).  And, as an added insult, the app didn't work to set it up in the first place, so I had to do it over the phone manually.  Essentially, every step of this "upgrade" has been terrible!

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

@user_dbb72b 

The two WiFi bands have recently been combined into one with the Comcast gateway devices. Some devices get confused and don't know how to see / talk to combined bands.

If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

Associate the devices with the 2.4 or the 5.0 (whichever one works) band's SSID (broadcast name) and password. The printer should work on the 2.4 GHz band.

YMMV. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Mine was setup with two names, and it still didn't work.  The Epson report says "(E-9) A router/access point channel conflict has been detected.  If you have problems printing or scanning, improve your wireless network environment."

This is insanely unhelpful since it is the improved network environment that is causing my problems.  I don't want to have to buy a new printer, but I may have to...

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

@user_aea229

• Have you unplugged it from the outlet and removed the power cord from the printer and then plugged it back in again?
  • Is the IP for the printer the same that is showing on your router?
  • Have you tried uninstalling the printer and then re-installing it?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Also a problem with older Xfinity ARRIS Group, Inc. TG1682G model. Router had bad hiccup last week (computers etc., xfi pod, chromecast dongle, not reconnecting for hours), then computers eventually reconnected, xfi pod reconnected after a day, but other "dumb" devices like Epson Workforce 645 printer never reconnected.

Enabled the Admin tool (10.0.0.1) Device Discovery/Zero Config setting, which I've had to do before, but was apparently reset, but hasn't helped.

Printer is actually semi-connected: Epson network screen says it has IP address, but Network Check fails.  Xfinity iOS App, and Admin Tool, say printer is connected, though IP address indicated is different than what Epson thinks it is.  Trying to remove, then add Printer in Mac osx, works to a point but then says it can't connect to printer. 

And of course any attempts to print to it from OS X or IOS fail.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here