Onyx8's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 8th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Printer unable to connect to XB7 router.

I have Canon D570 with wireless printer capability. I have no issue to wirelessly connect to Apple Airport Extreme and able to use Airprint. As i upgraded to xfi gateway XB7, printer unable to connect to router (With SSID, WPS manual or WPS Pin methods). I have even tried to enable "device discovery" but the printer is still unable to connect. Anyone else has similar issue and solutions? Thanks. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Try splitting your networks up and try again

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew , thank you for your suggestion. After splitting the network, my printer can connect to the router again. Cheers !🍻

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

installed XB7 and both HP wireless printer stopped working, also my Levitron smart home switches also quit, tech said WIFI6 was the cause and when he turned it off within in 5 min my smart home switches started to work, then realized printers still not working, called back and tech pushed latest firmware/patches and it crashed my gateway, he could not get wifi back on-line, had to return to Comcast office and installed by own router again, everything now works, no issues with printers, no issues with smart home devices... XB7 not ready for prime time and wasted many house of my time on with tech support and the crazy chat service they abandon after starting a conversation with you! Did it 3x to me, so sad people dont care. Must count as a transation so they initiate then dump you.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

How do I split my networks up?

All I wanted to do is ADD back to the new router my direct connceted (by ehternet) printer.

I am still also using the wireless capabilities. I am confused.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I just troubleshot this issue where someone had been printing to their HP printer for a month or two using the XB7, and today it simply didn't appear on the network.

The HP was properly connected to wifi, had a legitimate IP address and could be accessed via a web browser, but would not communicate with any Apple products using AirPrint/Bonjour/ZeroConfig.

Simple fix - reboot the XB7!

I noticed other Bonjour related services like AirPlay, Screen Sharing/File Sharing also would not operate, and after rebooting the gateway everything worked fine.

Additionally if you go into the XB7's interface by visiting: 10.0.0.1 and signing in with the default username: admin and the password you've set - or if you haven't yet the default password is: default

Once in the XB7, you can visit the Advanced--> Device Discovery. Look around for a feature called "Zero Config" and Enable it. Zero Config is often the name that is used interchangably with Bonjour, and other services like AirPlay/AirPrint on Apple products.

Bottom line, first try rebooting your router to get the stuff working before trying anything else.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I will throw in one aspect to consider when connecting your wireless printers that worked with the older Xfinity modem/routers. It may be that your printer uses a 2.4 GHz connection. The XB7s have the ability to turn off the 2.4GHz and only use the 5 GHz. If you have done this in the settings of your modem/router, you would not be able to connect your printer to your home network. 

A hard reset of the modem would return it to factory settings, which would allow both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. 

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

@user_1581f3 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue (if you have one). Thanks. 8-month-old dead thread now being closed.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here