MaggieGee's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, December 9th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Printer not connecting

We recently switched to xfinity from centurylink. 
Now, none of the printers connect, or stay connected.  I thought it was HP, but just tried with a canon and it is still not connecting.  
I can see the devices in my list and can connect directly to them, but then I cannot connect to my network.  

does something different happen with xfinity?  I feel like there is something stupid I am overlooking.  It should not be this complicated 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

4 years ago

@MaggieGee wrote:

We recently switched to xfinity from centurylink. 
Now, none of the printers connect, or stay connected.  I thought it was HP, but just tried with a canon and it is still not connecting.  
I can see the devices in my list and can connect directly to them, but then I cannot connect to my network.  

does something different happen with xfinity?  I feel like there is something stupid I am overlooking.  It should not be this complicated 

What modem/gateway device do you have providing your WiFi signal?  Could be a setting in that device that is causing a confusion in WiFi signaling for your printers.  The gateway may be defaulting to combining the WiFi 2.4 and 5.0 GHz signals and that may need to be turned off so they are identified separately so your printers can connect to the one they need.  Check out:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Voice and Data Modem TECHNICOLOR CGM4331COM

if I change it, what would I select?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

It is

Voice and Data Modem

TECHNICOLOR CGM4331COM

what would I should if I Change it?

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I had a similar prolem and found a solution in this forum regarding AirPrint.  I have a Mac computer and recently had problems with my printers after installing the XFi Gateway.  You may want to try this (it worked for me).  Also, the same solution mentioned the 2.4 and 5 GHz network changes.  I did not have to mess with those settings or configurations at all.  Just the "zero config":

1. You will need to configure your xFinity Gateway to enable "zero config" before your AirPrint printer will appear in iOS devices, and also to stay alive as a Mac CUPS printer:
    https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/configure-device-discovery-for-wifi
    Zero config is apparently required to let Bonjour communications through.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here