U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 26th, 2022 10:25 PM

Closed

port forwarding

Hi,

I've been having trouble setting up port forwarding on my PC. I've gone through the steps on the xfinity app to set it all up, but when I try using a port checker to see if the ports I supposedly opened up they all fail the test, and none of my friends are able to join my hosted games. Trying to port forward through the modem just redirects me to the xfinity app, I've tried making rules through my firewall to allow the programs to not be blocked, and I've made a static IP so it matches the PC and what's on the app.

Thanks in advance

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with setting up port forwarding. Just to confirm you followed the steps on the link: https://comca.st/3KpKXeU;

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityDena​ Unfortunately, my gateway under Advanced Setting says "Managing your home network settings is now easier than ever.
Visit xfinity.com/myxfi to set up port forwards, among many other features and settings".  When I go to that URL I get: "This website is no longer available, but don't worry — your service is not changing. All the features of Xfinity xFi are available in the Xfinity app, so you can control your home WiFi from the palm of your hand.".

I already had downloaded the Xfinity app for my phone  - and had used it to activate my gateway/modem. So I went to the app, "Connect", then my network, then "Advanced Settings", Then "Port Forwarding". then "Add Port Forward", then select device, Manual setup (or and of the game  selection", then "TCP/UDP" protocol, Then "Next". Everytime I get :"We're Having Some Trouble" "Please try again. If the problem persists, check back later".

I've tried the above over twenty times on different days - and ALWAYS get the same "Trouble" message.

I have a secure network, my own DHCP and DNS servers. My DHCP validates MAC addresses before it hands out IP addresses. However, I am attempting to port forward to systems with static IP addresses (PS/4 and a media server).

Regards, Lyle

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Port Forwarding in te Xfinity App doesn't work. I ran a System and Network Integration Company for over 10 years - and I've never seen such a poorly implemented required feature. We used to be able to setup port forwarding in out router - where IT SHOULD BE. I've tried using the Xfinity app - and keep getting messages to "Try again later" - but I've been receiving the same message for weeks. Port Forwarding is not a "nice to have" option - but a requirement of most peer-peer applications, online games, etc. Trying to get help from customer support has been hopeless.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I'm now seriously considering getting rid of my Xfinity rental TG3482P2  modem/router and purchasing a Motorola MT8733. It does port forwarding correctly - programmable directly in the modem/router.

Based on the hundreds of complaints filed in the user group about the failure of Xfinity's current modus operandi (using a phone app to attempt setting up port forwarding), I doubt that there's a fix for this bug. Based on years of networking experience, I can see NO benefit to using a mobile app to control a local modem/router. It only makes things more complicated, buggy and unreliable.

Regards, Lyle

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am tired of contacting support. This is ridiculous. They don't understand the concept of "port forwarding". Keep sharing article on how to do it on the app. I have tried two different phones. Also tried re-installing the app. Still not luck! ***PLEASE BE AWARE***

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

after 25 minute of the call, the agent forward it to LNP support asking for "port"-ing my number. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

There is no known solution to getting port forwarding to work correctly. 

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

Hello @GregPesall​ thank you for reaching out through our forum. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here