signal2noise's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 11:00 PM

Closed

port forwarding without xfi

Can I forward a port without xFi?  Can't get 10.0.0.1 to load.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

You're using the Technicolor cable modem/router?

Port forwarding is no longer available directly. So even if you could log in, it wouldn't help. There's just a notice you should use the xfi web app.

And the web app doesn't work. Port forwarding is no longer listed. And tech support has no clue. They keep saying it's available on the Device page. Maybe you can find it.

I'm going to get a real cable modem and router.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

4 years ago

Go to  Connect >>>>> See Network >>>>> Advanced Settings

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks. That's the [age, but....

I have an existing ssh port 22 forward. I want to set up a priviate ftp server: 20-21. If I edit the device, the existing port forward appears, but I can only change the port or delete the port forward. That port forward was set up directly on 10.0.0.1

If I try to add a new port forward through the web, I can specify the correct device in the drop down box, and add the port range.

But instead of the correct device, which is on 10.0.0.61 , I get:

No Associated Device

Reserved IP Address:

• Port Range
    20 – 21
    Protocol
    TCP

Has anybody had any success with the web access for port forwards ?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@EG wrote:

Go to  Connect >>>>> See Network >>>>> Advanced Settings

How can I go to 'Connect' if the page won't even load?

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@11h wrote:
You're using the Technicolor cable modem/router?

Port forwarding is no longer available directly. So even if you could log in, it wouldn't help. There's just a notice you should use the xfi web app.

And the web app doesn't work. Port forwarding is no longer listed. And tech support has no clue. They keep saying it's available on the Device page. Maybe you can find it.

I'm going to get a real cable modem and router.

I'm using a Netgear CM700.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@EG wrote:

@signal2noise wrote:

That not a Comcast supplied device. It a straight cable modem. There is no routing / port forwarding within it. That's done in your router. 10.0.0.1 won't work with it. Neither will the Comcast website. What stand-alone router are you using with the CM700 ?

I know it's not Comcast supplied. The router is a Netgear R6080 and I've added the port forwarding on it, but it isn't working.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

4 years ago

@signal2noise wrote:

That not a Comcast supplied device. It a straight cable modem. There is no routing / port forwarding within it. That's done in your router. 10.0.0.1 won't work with it. Neither will the Comcast website. What stand-alone router are you using with the CM700 ?

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

4 years ago

Port forwarding is completely a function of the router, sorry. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

@EG wrote:

@signal2noise wrote:

@EG wrote:

@signal2noise wrote:

I know it's not Comcast supplied. The router is a Netgear R6080 and I've added the port forwarding on it, but it isn't working.

Guess that you didn't get my point for that comment. Perhaps you should contact Netgear tech support. It's not a Comcast issue. Good luck with it !

When this setup works on other services but not here it is a Comcast issue.

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

What is your ip address ? The netgear probably isn't serving up 10.0.0.1/24 addresses. If so the router ip is not 10.0.0.1. What os are you using? Try to find the "gateway" address. That's the router address.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

4 years ago

@signal2noise wrote:

@EG wrote:

@signal2noise wrote:

Guess that you didn't get my point for that comment. Perhaps you should contact Netgear tech support. It's not a Comcast issue. Good luck with it !

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm having this issue right now... any luck?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here