U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 25th, 2022 10:42 PM

Closed

Port Forwarding - Through Ethernet port 1 - Not showing connected - XB7

My computer  is connected to Ethernet Port 1 on my XB7

When attempting to port forward for this computer I cant because of this dumbed down interface.

you get this message on the xfinity gateway login

"Managing your home network settings is now easier than ever.
Visit xfinity.com/myxfi to set up port forwards, among many other features and settings."

Useless.

When you go to the link and get to the port forwarding section. its not listed because for god knows what reason.

it shows it as a "DEVICE NOT CONNECTED" over 3 months ago.

and since they dumbed it down so much. you cant even manually setup with a static IP Address

you can only select a device to port forward.

even manually adding the mac address and computer as known devices. its still not able to select it from the list because its still a "Device not connected".

does anyone know a solution to port forward an ethernet connected device with an XB7 besides replacing it with better 3rd party hardware?
I miss charter communications garbage router and no data caps.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Set Up Port Forwarding With the Admin Tool (Xfinity Gateway)

Customers with xFi Gateways can only set up and adjust Port Forwarding settings using the Xfinity app or site. However, if you have an Xfinity Gateway, you can continue to set up and adjust Port Forwarding settings through the Gateway's Admin Tool (https://comca.st/3Q0DUe9). 

1. Go to https://comca.st/3Q0DUe9 using a device that is connected to your network.
  2. Log in to the Admin Tool:
    • Username: admin
    • Password: password
    • Note: You will be prompted to change your password the first time you access. Please change the password and if required login to the admin tool with the new password.
  3. Select the Advanced menu in the left pane, then click Port Forwarding.
  4. Select Enable. The button will turn green.
  5. Click +ADD SERVICE in the Port Forwarding box. The Add Service page will appear.
  6. Select the appropriate option (FTP, AIM, HTTP, PPTP), from the Common Service drop-down menu.
    • Selecting one of these options will automatically populate the start and end ports below the Common Service field. For a service not listed, select Other and type Service Name in the field.
    • The start and end ports will populate only if you selected one of the four Common Services. If not, enter the port numbers that are required for the game or service for which you want to add the port forwarding rule.
  7. Select the Service Type. The Service Type is the protocol used for sending data over the Internet. The default is TCP/UDP.
  8. Click CONNECTED DEVICE to select the device on your network and populate these fields for the IPv4 Address or IPv6 Address fields. If the CONNECTED DEVICE button doesn't appear on the page:
    • Open a new browser window, follow Steps one and two from above, and go to Connected Devices > Devices.
    • Click the name of the device for which you want to add the port forwarding rule under Online Devices' Host Name.
    • Highlight and copy the IP address.
    • Return to the previous browser window and paste the IP address.
  9. Click Save. You have created a port forwarding rule on your home network, but before you log out of the Admin Tool, take note of your WAN IP address under Gateway > Connection > XFINITY Network menu in the left pane. You'll need this information to begin using the game or service.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​  Port forwarding no longer shows on the Gateway admin menu.   My gateway ip is 192.168.111.1

My Hikvision NVR system has a static IP of 192.168.111.172.

Using the Xfinity App, I my device (Hikvision) doesn't show up in the dropdown list under Port Forwarding.   However it does show up under "Devices not connected".

This Hikvision NVR system works on both IPv4 and IPv6.  I don't see an option to disable IPv6 on it.  Please help

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Hi there, @user_b67760. Thank you for commenting on this post. Have you attempted any of the steps provided above?

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here