U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 11:31 PM

Closed

Port Forwarding not working

About a week or two ago when the xFi app updated the port forwarding feature stopped working properly. If I tried to open or close a port the app would show the port as being closed or opened but when I checked through a third party tool or my computer I found that there were no actual changes to the ports and they were in the same state as before I changed them on the app. This is also happening when using the website as well. I believe that this is some kind of bug or glitch.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Not working for me either.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

@user_86ac3e and @user_4729e3 Sorry to learn about the port forwarding issues. Have you checked out this ink to make sure everything is accurate on your end? https://comca.st/3vXPq31

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityJodie​ 

please escalate this. Quite a few people are having this issue and the use above me pointed out what’s going on.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJodie I am experiencing the same issues as everyone else and its quite frustrating.  Looking at the information provided by @user_196eea it appears to be something which should be pushed up the chain to the development team to fix.  The only other option we have is to bridge the xFi unit and purchase even more equipment to accomplish something Xfinity says we can do.  Please push this up the chain if you can and ask for a fix.  Thank you.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityJodie  I am also experiencing  the same issues. Weither on the app or the website

I have tried on my phone, tablet and pc.  I can click what I want to add the port forward to and then add the port automatically  or manually but when I hit the next button it shows.. adding port forward with the spinning circle  then within seconds it will show The screen saying we are having some trouble  If the problem persists please check back later. It definitely seems to be an xfinity issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, all Thank you so much for those details we do appreciate all of the information and feedback. We do have a reported issue affecting the gateways and Xfi and Xfinity My Account app with the device status not being shown correctly. This may be a related issue if possible could you all check your Xfinity My Account and check the status of your gateway. If this is showing offline or not able to connect this would be the same connection issue that our engineers are already working on! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

@XfinityJodie The backend for xFi is clearly broken.

The request to set port forwarding rules seems to be missing authentication credentials.  The network request returns a 400 with the following payload:

{ "code": "033", "title": "Invalid Request For Create Port Forwarding Rule", "status": 400, "detail": "401 Unauthorized: [missing authentication credentials\n]", "source": "xficov_config_sets", "type": "https://github.comcast.com/xfi-coverage-platform/api-spec/blob/develop/error-code.md#400-033" }

Other requests work and appear mostly identical, with no authentication issues.  Thought it was odd that other requests go to siorc.xfinity.com while the port forwarding request goes to gw.api.dh.comcast.com.

Either way, the /port_forwarding_rules end point has done broke...

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I'm also having this issue. I have tried both the website and app. It let me delete my existing port forwards but I cannot add the new ones.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @VespaMaru and thank you for posting to the Xfinity Community Forum to share your experience. In the My Account App, are you able to check the status of your gateway? Is it showing offline, or not able to connect? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityChe  I can see my xfi gateway is online and secure thru the app. I retried to set up a port forward for my kids router. It still comes back as "We are having some trouble Please try again. If the problem persists, check back later"

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

For troubleshooting purposes, have you attempted to perform a manual reboot on the modem to see if that helps correct this issue? Unplug the power cable from the back of the modem, wait 10-15 secs, plug the power cable back in, and allow 10 mins or less for the modem to reboot. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAmira  I can say I have done the manual reboot and I also did it with tech support on the phone before posting here the first time 3 days ago.

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

Got it. Let's take a closer look then. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address. 

To send the requested information in a private message to Xfinity Support from any Forum page:

•    Click "Sign In" if that prompt is visible
  •    Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3KLdz1c
  •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.
  •       Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.
  •   Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter or tap the >icon to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

76 Messages

3 years ago

IMO having to use an external service to manage a local router, and not giving the customer a local management option is a very bad idea. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I am also having this issue and support seemed not to understand the issue even though it appears this issue has been around since 2021!! PLease fix!!!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue. Port forwarding has been working for 10 years, now it does not. I put the ip address in the DHCP range and have tried all the fixes I found on forums. No luck. tech support said they would send it to level two support, but it has been three weeks and no response.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I had this same exact solution and could not track it down through the forum or google, my fix was using a port tracker from outside the local network (I turned off the wifi on my phone and used my phone to do so) and also adding port exemptions to my firewall for both the TCP and UDP separately on the target computer 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here