U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, July 22nd, 2021 10:21 AM

Closed

Port forwarding not working

So I have tried multiple times using the port forwarding feature on the website, and it has not worked. I have the port forward set up, have already gave windows defender permissions for said port, but it is still not working. I don't know why it is like this, and would like some help.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

You might identify the equipment you have, share screenshots of your configuration and describe what you're trying to accomplish with the port forwarding.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@jav6joev 

I'm not sure what router I have, but I'm trying to port forward for minecraft, and I already selected the device (my desktop) and the correct port number

I already tried it with the minecraft setting, and tried it without the minecraft setting, and neither of them work. I also looked on a port test website and it says the port is closed,, I don't know if that's relevant though

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

3 years ago

@user_4ee209 

If you are using an Xfi gateway, have you tried using the Xfi app instead of the website ?;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@EG I believe I am using a xfi gateway, and I did use the xfi app to set up a port forward, these are the settings I used 

I'm trying to port forward for a minecraft server, and I have tried a few times with/ without the minecraft setting and both times it doesn't work

I did try to use the admin site once port forwarding here did not work, but it led me back to the app

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had the same problem and figured out that the port forward won't work from a computer that is connected to my home network.  For example, the port forward doesn't work if I use my laptop connected to my home wifi and I try to create an RDP session using my public facing IP address.  Try testing the port forward from an external network.  Hopefully this helps.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_f45f7c man, you are a hero. spent so much stupid time chasing down the issue. this is so stupid xfi gateway will block port-forwarding for internal traffic.

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

@tbjc

FWIW. Actually that's quite common for that to be disabled. It's called NAT loopback or hairpinning. You can Google it for more info. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here