U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, June 29th, 2022 12:35 PM

Closed

Port Forwarding not opening the port (25565)

I've seen several other users with the same problem but haven't really seen them lead to any kind of resolution. I just moved to a new network and am trying to port forward to host a minecraft server but when I go to check if the port is open it does not work. I have done the same steps on my old network as was able to port forward just fine.

-I have prioritized Ipv4 on my computer

-I have configured port forwarding for port 25565 on my computer

-I have disabled the firewall

-I have restarted router and configured gateway

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

2 years ago

@user_76e28d  I am sorry to hear about your Port forwarding issue, you reached the right place for assistance. I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot this already, and letting us know the steps you have taken. Here is a link I think will help, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway please review it, and let me know if you have already done all of this, also can you tell me if you are using a modem you own or are you using an Xfinity Gateway?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityJessW​ I have an Xfinity Gateway and I have already viewed all of the resources on how to set up a port forward, hence all of the troubleshooting I've done. As I've said I've done it before on other networks without issue. My computer's Private Ipv4 Is listed under port forwards with Port 25565 with TCP/UDP. However when using an external resource like Port Checker,, or having an outside user attempt to connect, the port is still being blocked. The troubleshooting steps I've taken can be found in my original post.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thanks for the update. And for all the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far, @user_76e28d. If you try deleting the port and setting it up again, do you get a specific error message?

Another step we recommend would be to confirm that you did not set up a static IP for the device. You can check this by using the Gateway Admin page (10.0.0.1). If you did, the static IP should be removed. The Xfinity app will use the IP address from DHCP to set a static MAC bind and establish the port forward rule. Let me know if this helps. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityJessW 

There's no link in your post ?

Expert

• 

106.7K Messages

@EG​ 

Thanks for adding it !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here