U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2022 5:11 PM

Closed

Port Forwarding not opening ports after being properly assigned

I just got the new xfinity wifi 6 router and having issues with the assigned forwarded ports being open.

I have read the port forwarding info and called tech support 3 times only to get the same generic help/ information.

Going thru the APP or the myxfi shows that the ports are created and open. But, when using a port checker tool they are closed.

I followed all the steps, deleted/ reapplied ports, rebooted router, turned off advanced protection, and  tried all scenarios they suggested and still nothing worked to open ports.  They said they would elevate a ticket on my behalf, but no one has called back to help me and it has been several days.  I had a Xfinity technician at the house for something tv related and asked him if he could help with the router issue.  He tried all sorts of different settings and couldn't get it to work either.   He suggested just bridging the NEW wifi 6 box and use my own router!  (Uhm that seems ridiculous when my older grey xfinity box worked just fine with the settings)  In viewing this forum I see numerous people having similar issues as myself and not sure if there is a resolution or if Xfinity is not able to fix as seemingly simple issue.

I need two ports open 8022 & 2022.

Can someone from Xfinity support help me? 

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

2 years ago

@user_807ea0

I think I found one of the boards you may have been looking at, it looks like the topic had been closed though.

I checked out the known issues board and so far nothing has been officially reported to us--or at the very least, escalated to a point that we can link multiple customer accounts to the same issue.

Weird question, as I know you just got the device, but have you tried factory resetting? This has worked for folks in the past.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for suggesting.   Wierd outcome from FULL reset.  It seems that the hardware was all reset to factory settings, but the information in the Xfinity App remained as it was for the port forwarding. So the full reset doesnt actually reset everything 100%.

Then I got the bright idea to toggle between bridge mode. Only to find out that I could NOT put the modem back into wifi mode. Used cable from computer to modem and 10.0.0.1 wouldnt load admin page. So, then I called Xfinity on phone and they remotely reset so that Wifi is back on. After that I tried to toggle the advanced security on/ off.   Unfortunately, the advanced security is stuck in a initializing mode. Its been saying that "turning on Adv Security   We are still setting up adv security  please wait at least 10min"  Well, its been over 24hrs.  This app for the white box is pretty glitchy imo for an experienced user.  Any suggestion? 

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, was this what you tried as well? 

• In the Xfinity app, navigate to Connect > your network > Advanced Settings > Port Forward.
  • Locate the port forward that you are trying to use.
  • If the port forward settings that are in use are associated with a device, select Edit to adjust these settings or delete the port forward.
  • If the port forward settings are in use but not associated with a device, select Delete.
  • Confirm that you did not set a static IP for the device using the Gateway Admin page (10.0.0.1). If you did, the static IP should be removed, the Xfinity app will use the IP address from DHCP to set a static MAC bind and establish the port forward rule.
  • Check Device Details and confirm that the device is using an IPv4 address to connect to the network and not an IPv6 address. The Xfinity app can only support port forwards for devices using IPv4 addresses.
    • If the device is dual-stack, you should check with the device manufacturer on how to disable the IPv6 or set the IPv4 as “Preferred”.

To make sure I understand, is bridge mode currently re-enabled? Advanced Security would not work in bridge mode.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am very interested in the outcome of your situation, as mine is similar.  Recently upgrade to the latest xfinity gateway, and followed all the automated processes which transferred my network configuration (including some port forwards) from my old gateway to the new gateway.  Initially had to give credit that it went pretty smoothly.

However, while everything ported over fine, the port forwards don't actually work now.  Even though the app, website interface, and local gateway admin webpages show the port forwards there, none of them work.  

And like you, I can't delete or edit them.  On all platforms (app, xfinity website, etc), attempting to delete the port forwards (which are *not* associated to a device) throw the generic, "there was an error, please try again later" etc.

I was about to attempt a full factory reset of the gateway and just rebuild my network too, but now it sounds like that didn't work for you and the port forward rules persisted!

Xfinity: I'm not trying to branch this thread, but please know other folks are watching this thread for useful updates.

This definitely appears to be a known issue.  Google is crawling with accounts people having issues with zombied port-forward rules on these gateways now, with no way to clear them.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am sorry to read you are having trouble with Port Forward. It sounds like you have tried getting this resolved, with some suggested steps, have you had a chance to speak with our tier 2 team about this? You can send me a DM at anytime, and I can help open a ticket if needed. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

My issue still isn't resolved. Its been a week with no contact from a Xfinity representative to resolve issue. I've made it all the way to the Advanced repair dept on the phone myself, but they state that they are not allowed to open a port for me themselves due to security liability. And, they dont know why I cant do it myself.  I've gone as far as swaping out the modem boxes and nothing has changed so its definitely a configuration issue on their end.  

I'm finding that the Xfinity reps are telling me what I want to hear just to get me off the phone. They are Very friendly and promise to investigate and  call back (4 different calls), but not one called back or followed up. They know that I have no chance in contacting them directly again so they are misleading imo. One person told me to call a number for advanced help. It was the basic main number!  

I'm about ready just to buy my own cable modem and use my own router. Why should I pay a rental fee just to bridge their equipment to do what I want...

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

@user_807ea0​ There is NO Network in the Xfinity app  In the Xfinity app, navigate to Connect > 

Send a screen shot

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here