W

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 6th, 2023 1:19 AM

Closed

Port Forwarding not actually opening ports

I am trying to open some ports so I can run a game server, but the ports are still closed upon opening the server. I have tried literally everything. I have the ports opened on the xFi app, I tried enabling DMZ, disabled advanced security, manually opened ports on Windows via Firewall settings, and completely disabled the firewall. I even tried disconnecting my computer from the network, forgetting the device, and reconnecting it to get a brand new connection and port forward, but it's still not working. I have looked at endless forums to no avail, I can only assume at this point that its on my routers/Xfinity's end.

Currently trying to open the following ports:

• TCP: 21025-21026, 27015, 27036
  • UDP: 27015, 27031-27036

It seems only ports 21025 and 27036 are not blocked, but the rest are. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @Warionator, how are you? From the Xfinity App, go to Security at the bottom and then select Advanced Security. From here select the gear icon at the top right to disable Advanced Security. The app will let you know every time you open a port you are taking a little bit of a security risk. As long as you're okay with that, turning off Advanced Security might resolve the issue. Sometimes the feature will block the ports you open.

Lastly, when you go to Port Forwarding from the app make sure you use protocol TCP/UDP and a manual set up. After this your server should be port forwarded after hitting next! Just make sure you are using the right port number. Hopefully this helps 👍

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJosephA​ Advanced Security is already disabled and the TCP/UDP ports are open

Contributor

• 

242 Messages

Here is a document on Port Forwarding. It sounds like you've tried most everything already, but this document also has instructions on how to assign ports through the Admin tool, if available: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

They send this document all the time. The issue seems to be on xfinity's end. This all worked a week ago for me, and after two tech visits and a modem/router swap, it still will NOT work.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I don't think I am able to assign ports through the second tool, and if I try through 10.0.0.1 it just says to use the Xfinity app

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for letting us know Advanced Security has been disabled @Warionator and that TCP/UDP ports are open. I have seen a modem swap, or a factory reset solve this issue for some customer's as well. We can also collaborate with our advanced repair team to assist you further. This can help confirm if there's an Xfinity service issue causing the problem. When you have a moment use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here