U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 14th, 2023 5:04 AM

Closed

Port Forwarding for Minecraft Server. Wifi-Extender. Confusion on which device to port forward.

I am trying to port forward 25565 for my Minecraft server but the wifi connection to my room from my gateway is horrible so I have to use a wifi-extender on a daily basis. The wifi-extender is wirelessly connected to the gateway and is connected to my pc through an ethernet cable and the connection is so much better. When I set up port forwarding do I select my wifi-extender or my laptop? Can I even select my wifi-extender? If so that would be preferable.

Also FYI I tried setting up port forwarding on my laptop, and it still says the port is closed even though I have a static IP address which matches the one that it shows on the Xfinity app for my laptop and my firewall is configured. I also had the server running and was in the server and nothing changed. Do I just have to restart the router?

Please help me understand how to do this port forwarding correctly I am so confused.

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! This link provides the directions on how to set up your port forwarding. Have you already double-checked that you've done everything according to these directions? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here