venglisch's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Fri, Jan 8, 2021 10:00 AM

Port Forwarding Broken Again

Three nights ago, Comcast was doing maintenance and restarted my router.  Since that time I'm unable to connect to my system inside my local network.  I have a port foward setup to connect over port 22 from the internet.  I also have an email provider sending emails to my system over port 2525 and these emails can't get delivered because the port is blocked.

In February last year I had the same problem after I had turned on Advanced Security.  Since then I turned off those settings and stayed away from it.  

Currently, I'm unable to connect to my system from the outside but outgoing traffic is not affected.

Did Comcast's recent maintenance turn advanced security settings on?

Responses

Accepted Solution

venglisch

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 m ago

I was on a chat with Comcast for 2 hours and finally had to do a factory reset.  After the reset I was able to setup my router and create a new port fowarding table. 

The factory reset did the trick and I'm again able to connect to my website and receive emails.

EG

Expert

• 

87.2K Messages

6 m ago

Check your settings. We've seen many many posts here over the years indicating that when they do their resets / firmware updates, things get changed.

venglisch

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

6 m ago

It doesn't appear that any of my original settings have changed, meaning the Advanced Security setting is still turned off and port fowards I had setup do still exist.

Unfortunately, if I now try to delete the port forwards in order to recreate I'm getting an error message: "We're having some trouble.  Please wait and try again ..." 

EG

Expert

• 

87.2K Messages

6 m ago

Glad that you got it straightened out ! Now closing your thread.

New to the Community?

Start Here