S

Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 10:14 AM

Closed

Port forward not working.

I have followed the steps outlined here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway

"Open the Xfinity app and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password.
Select the WiFi tab.
Select View WiFi equipment.
Select Advanced settings.
Select Port forwarding from the menu.
Select Add Port Forward.
Note: If you've previously set up a port forward from your Gateway's Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1), you should see it listed in the Port Forwarding Settings.
Choose the household device for the port forward you're setting up from the drop-down list of connected devices.
Note: If you don't see the device listed, it may not be connected to your home network.
Choose from the list of common applications to use a recommended, preset configuration (e.g., Xbox or PlayStation) or select Manual Setup to enter specific port numbers, ranges and/or protocols.
Select Apply Changes to complete the setup of the port forward.
The device you set up for this port forward can now use these settings.
Note: If you're unsure which port settings to choose, reference the device manual or the application you're trying to use.
Opening unnecessary ports isn't recommended, as it may pose a security risk."

Despite following these instructions my port remains closed. I reset the router, no result. I reset the device, no result. I deleted the portforward and reapplied it, no result. I checked the admin tool. Security is on low. The device is connected via ethernet cable so there can't be any connection issue unless the modem just doesn't work.

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Some have reported port forwarding not working if you set a static IP address on your target device.  Try leaving it in the DHCP pool.  You might also try yanking the power cord on your gateway, wait a minute to let it wipe out volatile memory, then plug it back in.  

Somehow, the app is supposed to communicate changes to your Yugo of a gateway.....by some means....at some time.  Perhaps it will from a cold boot.

If you find a way or method, circle back here and let others know.  It's a common problem and Xfinity has no comment on it.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

11 months ago

Hello @Serbonsie, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Port Forwarding, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here