U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 25th, 2023 9:32 PM

Closed

Poor Speeds on XFI Pods Ethernet Connection

I recently bought xfi pods for the purpose having having faster and more reliable connection using the ethernet ports on the xfi pods. Normally I get speeds around 300mpbs down just on the normal wifi from my primary router. 

However after setting up my wifi pods and plugging in the ethernet connection I'm getting 1/3 of that 100mpbs or lower. Not sure what the purpose of these pods ethernet plug is if it's slower than my standard router's wifi. 

Is there some kind of setting I can change to increase my ethernet speeds via xfi pods?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_2f1d3c. Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your recent xFi pods you bought. Now our pods will not give you the full speed that you pay for. You can go here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs and learn more about our pods speeds. 

For example, if you have a speed tier that provides download speeds up to 200 Mbps, Pods will not provide that speed throughout your home. Rather, the Pods will help you connect in areas where you could not previously connect to your in-home WiFi.

Pods won't exceed the maximum provisioned speed of your Xfinity Internet tier of service. The maximum throughput of xFi Pods (2nd Generation) is 500 Mbps over a WiFi connection in laboratory settings. Older Pods have a lower maximum throughput. Other factors can affect speeds.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I spent the time to write up a detailed response, and the login feature required to submit it deleted all of it. Short version. Yes, it's not my maximum I expected that. I didn't expect it to be 1/6th my regular speed on normal wifi even when the ethernet was plugged in. Why even have an ethernet port if it doesn't provide faster speeds. Seems at best redundant and at worst deceptive. Returning the pods since they clearly aren't for my use case, and the marketing language made them sound substantially more useful than they are.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

I get where you're coming from, and I respect your feedback. The aim of the pods is to help extend the coverage and provide better performance in dead spots or areas that need more range. I understand that this setup doesn't satisfy your needs. We are always working to improve software and equipment, and we'll take your feedback to help us get better. Thank you @user_2f1d3c

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

What a 'we hear you but don't care' response is that? My pods are putting out 65 on the ethernet. That's terrible! On wifi my phone gets 220. 😒 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

11 months ago

@user_qnqyxz 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 6-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on an old thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here