cyberdeth's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, May 16th, 2022 7:10 PM

Closed

PODs, why didn't they...

So, the PODs [Edited: "Language"].  What would have made them [Edited: "Language"] less, besides paying $200 for said [Edited: "Language"], would have been to have the ability to put a wired connection into them for better conductivity.  This is done with Comcast's commercial products.  Why was that option not an option with the home PODs???!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

2 years ago

@cyberdeth  

Having a stable & reliable connection is a must  in our home. Once your pods are installed and online, you can hardwire your devices to your pods using an Ethernet cable if you so choose. Hardwiring your device to a pod would give you slightly faster speeds than connecting to the network over Wi-Fi. Please note that hardwiring your gateway to a pod and/or hardwiring a pod to another pod is not a supported configuration. This link https://comca.st/3woUDAJ has great information about Frequently Asked Questions for the awesome xfi pods

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

You don't seem to understand what I've stated.  I have a solid understanding of networking.  The pods should have had the same options the Arista extenders have (commercial Comcast).  They don't pick up the wifi signal from the modem.  They are hardwired.  Since they are hardwired, they don't lose strength and give a much better experience and higher bandwidth in that meshed system.

Of course you need the infrastructure to do this (I've wired my house w/CAT6). 

Contributor

• 

473 Messages

Hey there @cyberdeth! We certainly understand your frustration there and are always looking to improve! In fact, most of our improvements come from feedback from our amazing customers! We will certainly submit this feedback up!

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

2 years ago

The solution is to return the hardware provided by xfinity and buy your own.  The hardware provided by xfinity is bottom shelf stuff, regardless of their advertising.

Problem Solver

• 

1.5K Messages

2 years ago

I was gonna say if you got your house wired, you are super golden here. 

I don't know if pacing around your house and still maintaining high speed connectivity (hand off between access points) is the goal here, or how big your house is, and if it is, there's gear for that.  It's a bit more expensive and complex.  Consumer grade mesh can do it too.  That costs less but good.

Cheap?  Fixed objects that don't move, even though you might with a phone?  Meh.  Cheap access points.  So what if there's different SSID's?  Your phone will probably flop to the best one if you have them all on auto-connect after a minute or two.  Everything else will be hard wired or stuck on the same access point all the time so you don't care.

Fast, cheap or good!  Pick two! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here