U

7 Messages

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 6:23 PM

Closed

Plan is suppose to be 100Mb/s upload after Xfinity "increased speeds" but no config change on modem and still only 9Mb/s

9Mb/s upload is still all I get, when 1Gb/s was available I switched to that service, and my speeds got even slower, ended up switching back. Comcast sent a tech out, and I was told, "signal is great, everything is setup perfect, Comcast just sells service they don't actually offer". 

Currently on a 300/100 plan, I get 160Mb/s down and 9Mb/s up.

Have my own modem (MB8600) and running bandwidth tests directly from my firewall.  There is no configuration issue on my end, the speed is so slow it doesn't even meet the FCCs definition for broadband.

Haven't been able to reach an actual human, the stupid chatbot is terrible. Just looking for someone to verify the modem config has been pushed correctly, or to at least confirm the terrible service is expected and I should keep pushing for another provider to come into my area.

Accepted Solution

7 Messages

1 month ago

Tech came out, plugged his device in, he got full speed, plugged back in my modem, was getting as advertised, sounds like a botched config push or something. Cause it was not working until he did the test. Live chat and over phone they tried doing the same thing, and dozens or modem restarts.

anyways, resolved now

Expert

• 

106K Messages

Thanks for the update ! Glad you got it squared away ! Now closing your marked "Solved" topic.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

user_z2vcal Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. Our Next Generation speed upgrades require specific equipment to function properly. 

The approved/compatible devices with the higher upload speeds are the following:

Arris G54
Hitron Technologies CODA
Hitron Technologies CODA56
Netgear CBR750
Netgear CM3000
Netgear 
Nighthawk CM2500
Ubiquiti
UCI

If you have a compatible device activated, the upload speed upgrade will automatically be provisioned. I hope this helps. 

7 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ thank you for the canned message. Now if you have a chance to read my actual post, you will see my current modem supports docsis 3.1 already, and I'm running the benchmarks directly from my firewall,. The MB8600 is on the list of approved devices, are you suggesting that list is incorrect and the model is not capable with more the 9Mb/s with Xfinity? (Plenty of people report +40Mb/s up with this device)

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_z2vcal Thanks for your response. The MB8600 is listed under compatible modems for our regular speeds. Not the next generation upload upgrade completed in certain areas. The only modems capable of reaching uploads up to 100 Mbps would be the modems listed above. I hope this helps clarify. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@user_z2vcal 

FWIW here it's not a matter of a modem supporting DOCSIS 3.1. The modem has to support (hardware-wise and firmware-wise) their new "mid split" system to be able to deliver their Next Generation speeds properly. Google for 'Comcast mid-split' for more info.

(edited)

7 Messages

Just swapped over to a 'Supported Modem' from the list "Hitron CODA56" and as expected still capped at 9Mb/s. I had zero confidence it would make a difference as this is the same story I have been hearing from Comcast for 8 years.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

The speed provisioning likely has to be re-done. But that won't even work if your area hasn't been upgraded yet. 

7 Messages

We had an entire day outage recently where they were doing 'upgrades to service', and they did send emails out saying my service should now be faster now. Live chat confirmed 'everything is fine on their end'

(edited)

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

OK would you like me to escalate this issue to one of the corporate employees here ? If anyone can check and correct the provisioning, they surely can !

7 Messages

That would be awesome!

Expert

• 

106K Messages

You got it. You should get a reply right here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

7 Messages

2 months ago

Live chat confirmed my region was upgraded

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

My question ??

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

2 months ago

@user_z2vcal 

We are going to figure out what is going on with your upload speeds. I really appreciate all of the details you have provided so far. It is going to help us narrow down possible causes for sure. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address, so we can get started. See you there!

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

•Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

•Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

•Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

•Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

•Press Enter to send your message

P.S. Thank you @EG for getting this escalated to us.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@XfinityTony 

Quite welcome !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here