U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 8th, 2023 3:59 AM

Closed

Ping spikes every 11 minutes

​Since November my network has ping spikes to 2000+ ms every 11 minutes for a few seconds.  This is also about the time that construction started on my street for repaving the road, this might just be coincidence, but I'm not sure.  This has made playing any online game extremely frustrating due to the constant lag and disconnects.  I have an XB6 gateway and am using its as a router as well.  I've have tried resetting the gateway, made sure all the wires and coax cables are connected properly and the issue is still happening.  This happens when I'm hardwired to the gateway and on the wifi, and I made sure to compare the ping from my gateway to and outside address and the ping spike only happening when going to an external address.  I've also had two techs come out; first tech had the underground cable to the pedestal replaced, but that didn't fix the problem.  The second tech only tested the network speed and said everything was fine.  Not sure what else I can do to get this issue fixed.​

​Screenshot from ping plotter:​

​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​
​ Downstream/Upstream screenshot: ​
​ ​
​ ​ ​ ​
​ ​

Official Employee

• 

455 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_443c21 Thank you for reaching out over our community forum. We greatly appreciate the pics you provided. Can you tell me the speed package that you currently have? Have you used the Xfinity app to see what the signal strength is that's going to your modem? I would like for you to do a test for me if at all possible. I would like for you to launch the Xfinity app. Once you have the Xfinity app open, I would like for you to select "Connect" at the bottom of the screen. Then select "Internet Health check your speeds" Select the blue letters that say "run a test". The system will first check the area for any issues and then run a signal speed test to your modem. I need to know the percentage of speed that your modem is receiving. Since you are using a personal router, do you have the modem in bridge mode? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRobertA​ The plan is 1200 Mbps and on the app it says I'm getting 100% of the speed of the plan.  The speeds I'm getting aren't the issue, its that every 11 minutes my internet basically drops out for a couple seconds.  The network doesn't actually go down, but everything that is connected to wifi or ethernet is affected. If I'm watching a video or a stream, it will buffer for a few seconds. If I'm playing a game it will lag or disconnect me.  Basically the connections and speeds I'm getting is good 95% of the time except when I lose packets every 11 minutes like PingPlotter shows.  Also, I'm not using a personal router, I'm using the XB6 as a router and modem so its not in bridge mode.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I think it would pay for us to run through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can get things working better for you. Could you please send us a DM with your name and address by doing the following: Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

I'm having this exact same issue every 11 minutes and I also have comcast gateway. Did you ever get your issue resolved? I'm in North GA, wondering if you are as well.

7/30
9:47 PM
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=1706ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=2167ms TTL=54

9:58 PM
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=1918ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=16ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=2553ms TTL=54

10:09 PM
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=2650ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=67ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=54
Reply from 1.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=2581ms TTL=54

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

1 year ago

@user_a76899 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on an old thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here