U

Monday, July 8th, 2024 4:54 PM

persistent drops in service when using Webex or Slack video meetings

My service is having persistent drops when using Webex or Slack for video meetings. The service will drop for 5-20 seconds at a time, and during a one hour meeting, I see this happen maybe 15 times. This behavior has been happening for at least the last year. I had an xfinity tech out about a year ago, and he replaced some splitters and cables, but it didn't help with this problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

3 months ago

Hello, @user_zldx4e, and thank you for reaching out on the Community Forum for support with your Internet Connectivity issue. What troubleshooting steps have you tried to correct this issue? Are Webex and Slack the only sites that have been giving you issues? For example, do you experience the same issue with alternatives like Zoom or Teams? I recommend running a speed test https://speedtest.xfinity.com/ to check your upload speed and to make sure it is compatible with those site requirements. A hardwired connection is always best but tell us what kind of connection you are on during your meetings. Also, during your meetings are you running additional programs in the background? 

2 Messages

I use Zoom and Teams without problem. Just ran a speed test, and I get 204.8 MB downloads and 22.5 MBPS uploads, with 18ms latency (wifi). If I use a wired connection, I get 927 MPBS downloads, 22.2MBPS uploads, and 17 ms latency. The problem with Webex and Slack happens on both wired and wireless local connections. I generally am not running other apps.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_zldx4e Thanks for the updated information! We can check your signal levels, and see if there is any concerns to your location, or the area. Please send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

2 months ago

@user_zldx4e @XfinityMartyR 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here