arravinth's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, July 21st, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Paying for 600 Mbps down on a pro plan and only getting 90 Mbps via ETHERNET connection...

Registered with Comcast for the first time last week with a plan that is supposed to get me 600 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload. I noticed that the speed was slow and that my internet cut out frequenctly. Decided to run a test today while connected via ethernet. I am receiving 96 Mbps down and 20 up when connected via ETHERNET. OVER FIVE TIMES SLOWER THAN ADVERTISED.Can't help but feel like I'm getting scammed.

Has anyone else had the same experience and was Comcast able to fix it?

Edit: I am also renting a modem from Comcast

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I am having a similar problem listed here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Purchased-gigabit-internet-Only-get-280-320mbs-using-wired/td-p/3355678

It's absurd how challenging it is to get help from Xfinity

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@arravinth wrote: ... plan that is supposed to get me 600 Mbps download and 50 Mbps upload ...

Comcast doesn't offer a plan with 50 Mbps upload. Perhaps the rep said 15?

... the speed was slow and that my internet cut out frequenctly ... I am receiving 96 Mbps down and 20 up when connected via ETHERNET ...

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Internet Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please post your gateway's model number and signal information, especially downstream power levels and SNR, upstream power levels, and error log.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast take care of it, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. Insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast rental device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Contributor

• 

13 Messages

4 years ago

First off, your up to 600 Mbps plan doesn’t come w/ 50Mbps upload speeds.

The plan is:
up to 600Mbps download
up to 15 Mbps upload

With that said, you should be getting WAY MORE than 96 Mbps down when hardwired via Ethernet.
Perhaps you have a bottleneck issue somewhere?

Maybe check your network adapter settings. (Start—Device Manager—Network Adapters)
You could have set it to run strictly on the 2.4 GHz band. (Preferred band)

Do you have a a 802.11ac WiFi 5 card or 802.11ax WiFi 6 card in your laptop?
Cuz I have two laptops w/ 1 running WiFi 6 and other running WiFi 5.
WiFi 6 gets 770-830 Mbps over WiFi
WiFi 5 gets 300-400 Mbps over WiFi

BIG DIFFERENCE!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here