U

Friday, June 21st, 2024 7:19 PM

Packet loss

They had an outage last night, and today I found out there is a huge packet loss problem. This is so annoying because the same thing happened last time. I booked a tech twice; the same person came both times and couldn’t fix it or identify the problem. The third guy took 30 minutes and found out there was a problem outside, which he fixed, but there was still slight packet loss that I could see while playing a competitive game. Overall, I was charged $100 while still experiencing 2% packet loss. Now, I’m facing the same problem with huge spikes in packet loss. It’s so frustrating to pay for the service and encounter this kind of problem in the US.

The app is now telling me I have to schedule a tech, but I know they won’t do anything to solve the issue. Either Xfinity did it on purpose to boost their sales, or I don’t know what is going on. I know this started after yesterday’s outage. Getting 30% packet loss is not acceptable at all, and Xfinity is so bad that they should definitely move out of the district and bring back good WiFi providers like Verizon and others for a reasonable price and better quality.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

user_e3quz4 Thank you so much for your post for help with this packet loss, you are correct it is not alright and not at all what you should expect. If there was an interruption there may have been any number of reasons for that however there may have been something missed causing your issue when services were restored. I would be happy to help take a closer look at your connection with you. If you access this page Check out the normal tips but go to the Check your signal levels section and let me know what you see. Feel free to share the results just be sure to remove any MAC or information that may be shown thats private. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here