U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, August 10th, 2024 12:00 AM

Packet loss since late April and have tried everything...

I've been having massive packet loss since the end of April between the times of 7pm - 1am and I have literally tried everything possible. Changed out Ethernet cord multiple times, changed out my network adapter, reformatted my PC, made sure all coaxial cables are tight, used another coaxial cable in the house, checked all wires to the tap, had a technician come out and remove all the noise he can from my lines to the tap.... etc. I'm at a stand still and don't know what to do anymore, please help. I'm using the provided XB8 Modem from Xfinity. I have posted all my modem stuff down below.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 month ago

Would love to get a response from a person who could help me on this.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_dd7863 sorry for this experience with the packet loss. Is your pc the only device experiencing this packet loss? You can test the latency of your internet connection by using https://speedtest.xfinity.com.

What is the speed of your internet connection and how many devices do you have connected to your network and in use during this time? Lastly, what was the recommendation of the technician when he/she completed the repair? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

My speeds are fine but, I keep getting packet loss of anything between 5% and 25% in voice chats and in games. I also put a pic down below on my WinMTR test and it looks like a node of some sort is malfunctioning from comcast side. Less packets are being sent to it and I'm receiving even less of them back. Nearly 30% packet loss on that one node.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

863 Messages

user_dd7863 My team can help you on our end. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here