U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, February 22nd, 2024 6:59 PM

Closed

Packet Loss Issue IL

For the longest time I thought this packet loss was occurring on my connection, tech after tech could not figure what the issue was but we've done some TCP tracerouting and turns out one or two of the comcast hops out of IL seems to be the culprit when it comes to this packet loss. When hopping through (IP:96.1**.***) 350ecermak.il.ibone and sometimes the (IP:173 .2**.***) 5.ord.as54203. net but more severe with the ibone hop.

Whenever my connection run through these hops packets seemly vanish into the void never to reach my modem or the packets will arrive very delayed from the nodes. When not going through these hops the connection is stable with no issues, however when I am put through these hops again packet loss city. As you can imagine trying to do any activity/work that require a constant stable connection is rendered near unusable with such severe packet loss.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @user_18b070. I'm sorry to hear about these packet loss issues you've been experiencing. I know how important it is to always have a reliable connection, especially when working from home.

So that we don't go over something you've already done, can you please share with me what troubleshooting steps have you completed on your own?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I've done all of the basics, restarting modem, checking connections. These have nothing to do with anything on my end, there is some sort of problem the nodes run into, seemly when overloaded.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello @user_18b070! I'd like to look further into your issue. Please send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here