RogerSC's profile

Contributor

• 

138 Messages

Sunday, May 26th, 2024 8:46 AM

Closed

NOW Internet: cannot log into web admin interface at http://10.0.0.1, times out

I was able to log into the web admin interface for my XB3 NOW Internet gateway once. That one time, I changed the mode to "bridged" so that I can use my own router. Well, that's nice to be able to use my own router, and that does work. However, I can no longer log into the XB3 via 10.0.0.1, it times out with "server stopped responding" or "server not responding".

Also, I see the wireless radio lights are blinking. Seems like they should just be off in bridge mode. They're supposed to be disabled, doesn't seem like they should be blinking.

Is it supposed to work this way? What if I want to re-enable router mode? Don't see how I could do that.

Anyways, any solutions to this problem? Can't believe that I'm the only one that has encountered this. Seems kind of buggy, but hey, who knows? No really, does anyone know *smile*?

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

106K Messages

4 months ago

However, I can no longer log into the XB3 via 10.0.0.1, it times out with "server stopped responding" or "server not responding".

Try 192.168.100.1 YMMV.

Also, I see the wireless radio lights are blinking. Seems like they should just be off in bridge mode. They're supposed to be disabled, doesn't seem like they should be blinking.

There are two "Hidden" radio broadcasts for interfacing with their home security systems that can't be disabled. That may be why.

Is it supposed to work this way? What if I want to re-enable router mode? Don't see how I could do that.

If that 192.xxx address does not serve to access that setting, then you may need to hard reset the device back to factory default settings.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

138 Messages

4 months ago

Wow, that's the old cable modem IP Address. Didn't try that this time, thanks for reminding me. It worked, amazingly enough. I guess once you disable the router part of the XB3, it reverts to the cable modem part, seems that way, anyways. Funny that I had to change my router IP Address to 10.0.0.x from 192.168.50.1 to get it to work in bridge mode. So I guess that my router needs to be on the 10.0.0.x subnet, but when I'm talking to the XB3 after putting it in bridge mode, I need to use the good ol' cable modem IP Address instead of the 10.0.0.1 IP Address it's supposed to have. Not exactly intuitive.

Okay, sort of makes sense in a kind of pasted-together, non-user oriented way. The blinking radio lights, not so much. I just want them to be off, that would be reassuring. I guess it just is what it is. As long as it keeps working, I can't really complain *smile*.

Thanks!

(edited)

Expert

• 

106K Messages

4 months ago

Quite welcome !

1 Message

3 months ago

Hello, 

I think it’s still transmitting the XFINITY and or the Xfinity mobile as a Hotspot.. 

You have to turn that off within the Administrator Options.. 

Just saw your post as I was realizing that your can still use an actual Deactivates Modems Hotspot with ANY Active Account Information!! LOL that’s cool. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here