U

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 3:36 AM

Not receiving my plans (1200/200) stated upload speeds of 200 Mbps - Currently capped at 40 Mbps!

Hello. I currently have 2 locations on my Xfinity account in Illinois (Chicago area). At location #1 I have 1200/200 internet, with speeds exceeding those numbers. At location #2 I also have 1200/200 internet, with download speeds exceeding 1200. However, my upload speeds are capped (throttled) at 40. Between September 22, 2023 and November 15, 2023 my upload speeds at location #2 were averaging 240 Mbps. Since November 15, 2023 however upload speeds at location #2 have been capped at 40 Mbps. After numerous calls to Xfinity Tech Support over several months, I was told to update my modem from XB7 to XB8 to no avail, and numerous tests were run, my modem reprovisioned, and a tech visit yielded no issues, but still to this day my uploads max out at 40 Mbps. Please, will someone explain what is going on? Thank you. 

P.S. I have also sent this message in a direct message to Xfinity Support, along with my contact info.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

24 days ago

Same issue here, something is obviously going on but none of the techs know what's happening. It's definitely frustrating. 

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@user_pfam79

My Xfinity Internet Upload issue was finally resolved tonight! Thanks to the Xfinity Techs; Xfinity Benjamin M, Xfinity Amanda B, and Xfinity Marty R, for resolving this 8-month long issue.

Resolution: After stating my issue here in a new thread, Xfinity replied and asked me to send my info to them via direct message. They then tried to re-provision the modem, and then finally, The bootfile to the Gateway was updated to the correct one, finally giving me the faster upload speeds. I'm back averaging 236 Mbps for uploads!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here