KI

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, June 12th, 2021 7:44 PM

Closed

Not getting 1 GB speeds with Arris SB8200 (Supported Modem by Xfinity)

I recently upgraded to the 1GB plan and I am not getting anywhere close to 1 GB download (around 400 MB off the modem itself) and I am very far from the expected upload (I was getting 5 MB upload off the modem itself). I know I will never get the full 1 GB speed, but I should be getting around 800 MB at least and the upload should be a lot higher then 5 MB (I believe the plan has upload at 30 MB or 35 MB, so I should have way more then 5 MB). Looking at the Event logs of the Arris SB8200, it looks like it tries to download the Comcast configuration file for an sb8200 on gigabit, but fails.

"SW Download INIT - Via Config file d11_m_sb8200_gigabit_c01.cm"

"SW upgrade Failed after download -Incompatible SW file"

A couple days ago, my modem restarted out of the blue (no power event, no commands sent by me, and I was in the middle of something online when it happened). The only I see is it was reset due to docsDevResetNow in the logs.

Either way, the configuration file being provided by Xfinity for the Arris SB8200 Modem has some problems (not sure if it is specific to the gigabit plan or not).

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Good afternoon, @kbrown.it! Happy Monday, I know how frustrating it can be experiencing speed issues. We can certainly help and would like to make sure your speeds improve. Can you advise if you are connected via WiFi or hardwired? In addition, please make sure that all cables are finger tight on both the modem and wall plate.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Sorry for the delay, things got busy for me. It seem my connect has been switch as I am seeing closer to the 1 GB. From the router (where it was showing the low speed) will now show the correct speed. I have a system that seems to have an issue, but it isn't related to Comcast.

I have not tried to download the file for the modem again (as that requires restarting the modem), but it would be nice if Comcast could look into why that file does not seem to want to work on the modem it was setup for (which is the Arris SB8200). I will try and restart the modem soon to see if it still comes up as an issue.

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Hello @kbrown.it, thanks for the update. We're happy to hear you're receiving the right speeds now. What kind of file are you referring to that needs to update in the modem? Firmware?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

As mentioned, I have a Arris SB8200 Modem and when it boots up it wants to download a SW Upgrade file from xfinity. Looking at the logs, I see the following:

"SW Download INIT - Via Config file d11_m_sb8200_gigabit_c01.cm"

"SW upgrade Failed after download -Incompatible SW file"

This happens even if it is only connected to Coax, so it is something that is pushed from xfinity (most likely to configure the modem correctly to work correctly).

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @kbrown.it! At this time I would recommend we send some signals to your modem to see if we can push that boot file through! If you could send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you!

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m having the same issues. No problem till I switched to the gig plan. 

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

@user_5ca55c

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks.  The original poster has not returned. 4 month old dead thread now being closed. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here