U

Saturday, August 3rd, 2024 9:13 PM

Node split

For over a year now my interned has been getting worse and worse! Every evening the speeds go to almost nothing and every weekend there’s nothing but lagging, packet loss, and downright disconnected issues.

The supervisor service technician finally came out and found that there is in fact a node issue in my town. He said the node needs to be split or another installed and there is no solution until that happens but he said there’s no way for him to know when that will happen. My question is I’ve been dealing with this fort over a year and it’s getting worse week to week so what are you guys doing to fix it? When can I expect to see the speeds I’m paying for? Why am I and so many of my neighbors paying full price for a product that isn’t even half as good as it’s described and marketed as?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for meeting us here in our Xfinity Forums community, @user_61s997, about your node split concerns. We do apologize for the trouble with your services, but we do not have an estimate as to when the area upgrades will happen. However, you are able to review this: https://www.xfinity.com/network site which will keep you informed. You can also sign up for text message notifications for the process in your area. If we may assist with troubleshooting, you are welcome to send us a Direct Message with your full name, and address.

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

2 Messages

So you read my concern and then Say absolutely nothing to help? My first question is WHAT are you doing to fix the issue and when will that happen. You didn’t ask me for an address to verify the issue or even ask who I am. You made a simple blanket statement saying sorry bout your problems, keep paying us, we will get to it when we get to it. I’m sorry this is an unacceptable responce to a customer concern. I’d like you to dig into the issue and tell me what you are doing to address it. Don’t come back and say here is a link that takes you no where and answers none of your questions. Do better Xfinity. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We are sorry for the frustrations @user_61s997 as that was definitely not our intent. Rest assured, we want to provide the best support possible and this is not how we want our customers to feel. I see that you originally stated there has been ongoing issues at the node that have been affecting yours and your neighbors service. We'd be happy to take a closer look at your concerns and if needed, reach out to our local team to see if there is any node work planned to address your connection issues. To get started, may we please have your first and last name along with the service address on the account?

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to working with you further. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here