U

Tuesday, July 9th, 2024 3:38 PM

NO PARENTAL CONTROLS BUT STILL BLOCKED WEBSITES?!

For almost a year, our household has been getting this message when trying to use a variety of websites:

"Whoa! This content may be inappropriate for children. To gain access, the Parental Controls for the profile associated with this device will need to be updated."

We do not haver parental controls set up on our account; so, this is a mistake. Additionally, all of the websites are safe and would not be blocked for any reason - favorite restaurant to order takeout, a business colleague's mediation website, a competitive soccer league website, etc. This happens on our laptops and phones using the house wifi.

There are tons of Google results for other xfinity customers who get this message and I have read through as many forum posts that I can find and they're all unhelpful resolution "tips." 

Please respond Xfinity with a real solution. I am not checking my parental controls as they have not been set up to begin with. And, even they had been set up by some magic internet fairy while we slept, there's no reason for the specific websites we're being blocked from to be on the list of "Whoa!..." restricted sites.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

user_BUHL, Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to visit XFIINTY over our forums page for help with those blocked websites. As someone who doesn't need parental controls in my home, I understand the inconvenience that this has caused you. I am sorry to learn about this experience. We are the right place to go for help with this. Do you currently have our xFi Complete service? If so, this includes our xFi Advanced Security. Advanced Security blocks websites that are determined to be potentially dangerous. These sites may contain malware, spyware, ransomware, or viruses that can infect devices and make them vulnerable to personal data collection, blackmail, or attacks on other computers and networks.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@user_BUHL 

As a test, try turning off that aforementioned Advanced Security feature and see if you can access those sites. Sometimes innocent sites accidentally get put on blacklists for no reason.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here