riffin1's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Monday, July 1st, 2024 12:37 AM

No internet port forwarding.

I had logged into the gateway and set port forwarding. It did not work.

A couple days later I logged in. There was no access to advanced options, just a referral to the Xfi site 

That website directed me to the app.

The app gave access to the Advanced options menu. But no access to what the options are and the ability to change them.

The NOW Internet FAQ provides no modem setup information.

The AI chat client provides no option that assists 

Please provide next steps.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 months ago

Hey there, @riffin1! Thanks for creating a new post regarding those port forwarding issues. Our Digital Care Team is more than happy to help however we can. To get a little more background, may I ask for more details around why you're attempting to enable port forwarding in the first place? Are you having any issues with your NOW Internet?

Please also note that sending unsolicited private messages to myself or any other user is a direct violation of our Forums guidelines. You must first create your own public post requesting assistance, and once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so. This is just a heads up for future reference, and I look forward to assisting you further!

(edited)

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Thanks! I'd like to enable port forwarding for gaming. The internet itself is running perfectly 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

riffin1, I'm glad to hear your internet is running well. Here is a link with instructions on how to set up Port Forwarding. Let us know if you have any questions. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

There is no actual link on your reply.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

riffin1, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-port-forwarding. Are you able to copy and paste the address?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

On multiple devices, I can access the app,  I can go to WiFi.  VIew WiFi Equipment is not an option.  Screen captures are available.

All options are:

WiFi Details, Troubleshoot, Gateway details, Ask Xfinity Assistant.  There are no other options.

This may be unique to NOW internet.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Logging into the admin tool directs me to the Xfi site, that site directs me to the app where the above issue is encountered 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for clarifying, @riffin1. Searching the forums for other customers reporting similar issues as well as suggestions/resolutions, I found a few that may help in your case:

"Port forwarding not working."

"Can't Port Forward"

"Port Forwarding not actually opening ports"

Please take a look at those and some of the recommendations they contain, and let me know if this helps!

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

Reset as suggested, still do not have access on the app.

WiFi Details, Troubleshoot, Gateway details, Ask Xfinity Assistant.  There are no other options.

Regular Visitor

• 

18 Messages

None of the provided links help in resolving the no access in the app issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I see that we have two options to port forward, @riffin1. At this point, I'm not sure how we can make this work for you. You are not able to access it this way either?  Set Up Port Forwarding Using the Admin Tool.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here