U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 12:44 AM

Closed

No internet and blinking orange light on modem

I have had countless issues with my Wi-Fi connection and today my internet randomly shut off and never reconnected. The modem has been blinking orange and I have tried the troubleshooting steps COUNTLESS TIMES. It is plugged in, exactly as it has been for months and my account balance is $0. I am thoroughly confused and honestly disappointed with the lack of help I have received. I have spent the entire day on and off of the phone with customer service and didn’t speak to a real person once. I am a full time remote employee and college student and cannot function without internet. I have scheduled the first available service appointment which is not until tomorrow night so if there are additional steps I can take to solve the issue in the meantime please let me know! 

Official Solution

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

2 years ago

I'm so sorry that's happened @user_198022 ! Our team works remotely as well, so I know how upsetting it can be when services are down. It's not the experience we want for you! Were you able to check into any service issues with the link our awesome expert @EG provided? 

I do see that you mentioned having a visit scheduled. That's good to see! Our expert technicians are highly trained with services to make sure their working at their best, so I know they can help make sure that's the case for you. I'd also recommend using the helpful Xfinity My Account app , we'll not only let you know of any know service issues there, but we have some really helpful troubleshooting steps!

We also have a Knowledge Base article created by one of our Experts that includes a helpful troubleshooting guide that may provide you with additional assistance. Please let us know if you need additional assistance. 

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

104.4K Messages

2 years ago

First, check here for info on any possible local outages;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status 

Use a cell phone internet service, a public WiFi hotspot, a neighbor's internet if you need to, to check it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here