A

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, May 27th, 2022 5:06 AM

Closed

No connection Wi-Fi 6E (AX) in my XB8

I can't connect any device in my XB8 with the 6E network.
I can't put any device on the new frequency. So yes, I have several devices with 6E technology.
I don't know if it has a firmware bug, but at 5Ghz, it has the AX protocol.
See the picture below.
Any advice?

Problem Solver

• 

511 Messages

2 years ago

Does any of the hardware you have currently support wifi 6?  The client must speak the protocol, not just the router. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @eprice42! @

NoNoBadPuppy gave a great informed answer. You can also purchase Roku devices to use in place of Comcast TV boxes if your televisions are not compatible with the Xfinity Stream App. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello Azanella.

I see you posted a few days ago and I just wanted to check in to see if you were able to get the Wifi 6E figured out with your new XB8 or if you could still use a hand? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityTambrey​ 6Ghz no. Only in 5Ghz. Also some issue in Lenovo Display(Google home) lost connection all the time. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Thank you for letting me know. I am sorry to read you are still having trouble getting connected. Send me a private message, and I will see what we can do to help get your devices connected to the 6GHz. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here