U

Thursday, August 22nd, 2024 4:33 AM

No connection to Dell desktop

We renewed our Xfinity last week and now our Dell desktop doesn't accept our password. My fire tablet gave my a message, now connecting to Wi-Fi, right after the renewal.  Were some settings lost

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

27 days ago

Hello, @user_hf91rx. I'm sorry to hear your Dell desktop was affected by the update you made on your account last week. Your settings shouldn't have been altered by these changes. Have you been able to regain access to your desktop since you submitted this post?

2 Messages

No not yet 😕,

. I went into safe mode and tried to change things but it still asked for administrator password after the restart. Then I went back to safe mode and answered no to administrator so now on the restart it asks for owner password...I can't remember if it asked for owner or administrator password on the login boot screen now...I thought it was administrator...I was going to go back to safe mode, change it back to administrator. Then I thought I read somewhere you can give a command and it will tell you the administrator password....I haven't made it that far yet. 😀🤔

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Oh no, @user_hf91rx I'm truly sorry for the trouble you are having with your Dell Desktop, have you tried reaching out to Dell directly?-Richard

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here