K

Friday, August 9th, 2024 3:28 AM

Night Time games have High Latency and Lag

When I play games between the hours of 5pm and midnight I always have high latency and extreme lag!  In the morning time it’s good but at night it’s horrendous!  I always have to reset the modem and still no changes to the latency and lag.  My PC is connected via Ethernet and everything is all updated.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 month ago

KidRy83 Thank you so much for making a post for help with this slowdown when you are playing at night. Anytime there is an issue with your connection while gaming it can be frustrating so thank you so much for letting us know. Have you had a chance to check out our troubleshooting page here? This covers a lot of great options to troubleshoot that you can do on your end to help correct the issue and if not you can help provide information that may help us with your issue. Take a look when you have time and let me know if you see anything out of place.

2 Messages

Nope everything checked good and I’m still getting a lot of latency/lag at night 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

KidRy83, Darn, I was hoping for some better news, but I still have your back on this. Is it just your PC that is being impacted in the evening, or are you seeing the same issue on multiple devices? Also, are you using a standalone/personall router along with your modem? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here