grtlmt's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, July 23rd, 2023 2:29 PM

Closed

new xfinity modem/router, some devices not connecting

Migrated existing network to use xfinity modem/router, now some devices will not connect.

The type of devices with issues are Roku, Kasa switches, esp boards, Alexa, google, wemo, hue

I set up my network with the same ssid that I have been using, and changed the ip range from 10.0.0.1 to 192.168.0.1.  I am using the same ssid and password for both bands.  

I have performed the following to trouble shooting

unplugged the modem

factory reset the modem

have tried both with the default ip and 192.168 ip

factory reset roku getting error 14.30 on one, the other roku drops connection, but will reconnect usually

recompiled the code for the esp boards, it works then drops connection 

Replaced modem

I'm out of ideas,  have searched and tried the solutions indicated without any luck.

please help me

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @grtlmt, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the connection, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you. 
To access your account, will you please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

1 year ago

@grtlmt wrote: 

I am using the same ssid and password for both bands.  

Some devices don't know how to talk to combined bands / SSID's. If you are not using any Xfi Pods, you can try separating the combined 2.4 and the 5.0 bands and give them two different broadcast names / SSID's;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi  

Try associating the devices with the new 2.4 SSID (broadcast name) and password.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Service came out and replaced modem. At this point, everything connected.  The third modem did the trick.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@grtlmt Thank you so much for the update! I am very glad to hear we were able to get this resolved for you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here