fatNfurious's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, February 24th, 2022 1:02 AM

Closed

NEW xFi Gateway XB8

I am excited for the NEW XB8 Gateway. From looking at the documentation and links https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides? and https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/supersonic it will come with WiFi 6 Technology. I reached out to Support below and they don't know when it will come to Texas yet. Just heads up if yall were wondering.

From Support:

Good evening XXXX, thanks for reaching out to us about our newest modem, the XB8! It sounds like you are just as excited as I am to see this equipment come out, and we are hoping to have it fully released in all areas soon. The modem is still in the testing/trial period and is only available to select customers located in California, Twin Cities, and Seattle. While we currently don't have an exact launch date for the equipment, we are hoping to have that information soon!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I'm in California. How do I get my hands on one? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@X_Customer​ It is now available via shipment only, Call comcast to order, You must subscribe to either xfinity internet complete package or gigabit service. orderred mine today from store can have overnite shipping but chose standard. Will have within 3 days. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I went to the Xfinity store yesterday and was told that it would be automatically shipped to me sometime in May because I was a gigabit customer.

Contributor

• 

153 Messages

2 years ago

According to the second link provided by the first poster, if you scroll down, it says "coming in April".  Of course, that could change.  I remember when the XB7 was released, here in southwest Florida, I had to drive to my Xfinity store every few weeks for several months until one day it was in stock.  Comcast says the rollout will begin with gig-speed and xFi Complete package subscribers first.  It would be great if we got some type of notification so we wouldn't have to waste gas.  In any event, the XB8 looks like it's going to be really good.   

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @flaboy. The links provided above are the most up to date. I would definitely check out the second link provided to stay in the know about when this will be released (https://comca.st/36SACZg). We don't have the information yet on if it will be in store first or if we can ship it out to you directly first. I understand not wanting to drive out that way. Just keep an eye on the link provided and it should provide you with more information when the time comes. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Today I was told (a) it is being rolled out to a few cities first including Seattle (b) it can't be shipped to customers that call in yet (c) the local stores can't be called and you have to keep going in to your local store to see if they have any in stock yet.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

It is now available via shipment only, Call comcast to order, You must subscribe to either xfinity internet complete package or gigabit service. orderred mine today from store can have overnite shipping but chose standard. Will have within 3 days. 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

I am an Xfinity customer with the Diamond level rewards so I was allowed to order the XB8, came 3/11. First impressions are that it's not much different from the 7, but right now it is slower than the 7. The app is more buggy with the 8 than the 7. Devices show as being off the gateway when actually they are still on it, and they are slow to get on and off the connected devices list. Maybe some updates will be in order soon, it is very early in it's life, I kinda feel like a beta tester!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@G_V​ I've been at Xfinity for 10+ years. Home internet, TV, Phone, Xfinity Mobile paying about $500 a month for everything. How the heck does one get "Diamond" level?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I live in California and just got my XB8 a half hour ago. It was offered to me through the Xfinity rewards page.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@stca944​ How? Are you a gold member? I've checked all over Rewards section and I don't see it. 

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us, The XB8 is not currently available in all areas and is currently limited to how many are available. Keep checking and it may be available soon. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

171 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve had nothing but issues since setting up the XB8 yesterday. A tech is coming out today to look at it. I literally was on the phone all day yesterday trying to get it setup because nothing was working. Finally got it and then the device keeps kicking out 5 and 6ghz and switches to only 2.4 but then you can’t connect to it. I have had to factory reset twice now and then reconfigure it to get all 3 signals - 2.4, 5 and 6GHz. 

New Poster

• 

26 Messages

@RDarcy​ Wow, well...sounds like Xfinity.  I want to get the XB8 but if they have so many bugs I don't want to have problems because the techs will always blame your connected equipment as the problem (has always been my experience).  Nothing like a company to blame the customer.

Contributor

• 

171 Messages

@rwheaton1​ 

Woke up the next day after initial install and problems and had no internet at all. I factory restored  again which is back to back days doing this to get it working. I had a tech come out and  He had no idea why everything was reverting to 2.4GHz and then working after the factory restores. Good thing is he called someone and had them do some things on Comcast’s end and everything is working right now knock on wood lol 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@RDarcy​ do you have any Xfi pods?

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Just wanted to add to my previous post about the XB8: For whatever it's worth, I found out that Xfinity has basicially taken over all the settings of the gateway. If you go in to the settings at 10.0.0.1 and change anything, they do not 'stick', but revert back to the previous settings after exiting. I can't even get in remotely anymore. About all you can do is change the SSID and password. I don't know if it was like this with the XB7, or if Xfinity will allow it in the future, but right now they are controlling the gateway settings.

Contributor

• 

171 Messages

@G_V​ 

My settings seem to have stuck now but who knows. The app needs to be updated as well as you don’t see 6GHz on it. Also you can change settings on the app for 2.4 and 5GHz that don’t exist on the website. Example - on the app in advanced settings where you don’t see 6GHz you can change the WiFi mode for 2.4 and 5GHz which is great but the options in WiFi mode don’t have all the same choices as when you go into the gateway on your computer 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Strange, I can't control anything through the website. My app is updated and I have used the advanced section, it seems you can do more there than through the website! I think that's what Xfinity is moving to. I like to keep 2.4,5 and 6 separate with different SSID's, even though Xfinity doesn't recommend it, because some of my Ring cameras occasionally fall offline and if I have the same SSID it seems they try to hook back up but the 5 GHz channel screws them up, plus some of my other wifi products have a hard time hooking up (they are all 2.4). If I separate them, they hook right back up to the 2.4. I tried to disable the 5 GHz on the website but it didn't stick, and I can't enable remote access either, doesn't stick. So I use the SSID editing section and renamed the bands with different SSID's. The website access has become worthless. Like I said, I believe Xfinity is moving away from that. Another thing I found was anything using 2.4 GHz won't work with WPA3, has to be 2.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

171 Messages

@G_V​ 

I separate  2.4, 5 and 6 as well. I feel that’s always the best way. 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Agreed. All in all things are ok with the XB8. I was concerned at first because I was only getting 80-85% of my rated speed when I first installed on 3/11, but it has steadily improved, and today is at 115% of speed. Hopefully that continues.

New Poster

• 

26 Messages

Yeah, with Xfinity modems it takes a day or so to get the full speed.  I had asked about that in the past and they told me it takes a while for the modem to adjust.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’m a Diamond w/ Gig Extra and Complete and was so excited to get the new XB8. 

It has been almost 2-weeks and I’ve also experienced much of the above.

After the initial set-up went to bed and woke up to no internet. Had to figure out the whole WPA2 v 3 thing.

Have had fluctuating speeds and even got the message about how my gateway can’t handle the speed. 

Any fixes for this stuff?

I agree … at this point, the XB7 was way more stable. And the 5g range was much better. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Ugh, was hoping XB8 would have better range than the XB7. In our (not very large) beach house the XB7 does not reach to the back bedrooms. An Xfi Pod (gen 2) helps but only delivers about 100mb down, whereas when connected to the XB7 you get 1000mb+. A tech came out and basically could not believe the XB7 would not cover the whole house, saying he has seen one XB7 cover houses way bigger than ours, but it just doesn't. 

New Poster

• 

26 Messages

@user_7829e4​ I suggest contacting Xfinity and request a new XB7!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Does anyone have a recent update on their XB8 experience? Hoping one can be acquired without the headaches many described so far. I also wish Comcast would make it easier to acquire the latest equipment without having to personally investigate store locations' stock status and or beg representatives for the latest tech. 

Contributor

• 

171 Messages

@Johnnyneat​ 

After my initial 2 days of pain setting up the XB8 it has been running fine. My ASUS AX RT-86U has a little better range but not by much. Speeds have been very good. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thx! I’m hoping to try & get an XB8 this coming week. Fingers crossed. Are speeds comparable with the Asus RT-AX86U?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Ready to test in Florida! 

New Poster

• 

26 Messages

2 years ago

Does this have a 2.5G internet port?

New Poster

• 

26 Messages

@rwheaton1​ Come on Xfinity!!!  Can't you answer my question?

Problem Solver

• 

846 Messages

I believe the XB8 has 1 2.5Gb port and 3 1Gb ports.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have been trying to get an XB8 through Xfinity support. Twice, I have received XB7s instead of the XB8. What is the most direct path to get the XB8? I have the 1.2G complete service and rent my gateway from Xfinity.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@nmdoyles00​ happened to me as well I got xb7 instead of 8, I called today again and hopefully they got it right this time 

Contributor

• 

69 Messages

Same thing happened to me. Its available according to the webpage but they ship you an XB7 for$15 :( 

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Hello @WealthyEd, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! We're currently experiencing limited inventory on our XB8 modems so if you receive an XB7 instead that means your area is currently out of stock and will need to check back in another month or two. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I called Comcast to get the XB8 gateway 5 times and they sent me the XB7 every time. According to the sales rep they are back ordered and only available in certain areas. I even asked about the xb8 when I took the 5 modems back to the Xfinity store and they said that they are not available yet and to try back in a month. Hopefully this helps people that experienced my similar situation. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

How do I get the XB8 gateway. I live in South Florida? Can they send me one?

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_273feb Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forum, and Happy Easter! I hope your weekend is going great so far. I would be more than happy to assist you in ordering a new modem, no problem at all! Anything we can do to help a valued member of our Xfinity family. To get started, could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Don't bother with the XB8. Stick with the 7. The 8 takes over your settings and doesn't give them back! Also, the gateway website is useless, everything is now greyed out. When I separate the different bands due to problems with some of my devices getting 'confused' by the same SSID and password for the 2.4 and 5 bands, within hours or days I'll start having issues again, look at the xfi app, and the bands have reverted back to all the same SSID and password. It's infuriating. Xfinity claims the gateway knows the best way to sort out the connections; sorry, but no, it doesn't. Xfinity, give us back control of the XB8 gateway.

Edit: It seems Xfinity has made this no control a permanent change on ALL of the modems. What a crock. Time to go get my own gateway

(edited)

Contributor

• 

171 Messages

@G_V​ 

I have 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz all with different names and passwords with no issues. When I first received the XB8 I had a problem but it’s been working fine with everything separated for a while now for me. 

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I can understand the aggravations and have had a similar issue with my XB6! I have found that my xFi pods I have, needed to have the one SSID. I will be needing to remove the xFi Pods from my modem through the Xfinity app to have the ability to change back to the 2 channels. When I do this, I can set up my cameras. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

No way to get the XB8. When I call they say they have it but send the XB7 which I already have. No one knows anything. Just order takers. No problem solvers.

How do get one. I am having a [Edited: "Language"] time getting one.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here