john189's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Monday, April 27th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

New XB7 gateway but no WiFi6

I just received and set up a new XB7 gateway. So far I like it but it is still too soon to make the final determination. However, this gateway supposed to support WiFi6 (802.11ax) and so far I don't see it at all. Under "Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi > Edit 5 GHz" in the gateway configuration in the "mode" option, it shows "802.11 a/n/ac" and the section is gray out and can not be changed/edited.  

Does anyone with XB7 gateway has this problem, and maybe found a solution to unable WiFi6 (802.11ax)?

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

222 Messages

4 years ago

According to a recent post over on the DSLReports Comcast forum:

Well, here’s what I learned from Technicolor and a Comcast Tech Support supervisor.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and nationwide work-at-home orders, the XB7 Gateways launched 4-6 weeks early with the following known issues:

Wi-Fi 6 is confirmed disabled. Samsung devices may show as Wi-Fi 6 connected due to a bug in the Samsung firmware (patch due next month). An upcoming XB7 firmware update will enable Wi-Fi 6 and fix the slow Wi-Fi speeds, release date not set.
:

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you telcodad. Let's wait for firmware update-hopefully soon. By the way after few days of having XB7 I have to say all works great. I feel like it is more stable than XB6.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Kudos to you as well. I just received my XB7 yesterday. I thought I saw the option of enabling AX during setup but now that it's activated and has been up for a day, everything is being managed automatically and I no longer see the option to toggle those settings.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here